Discussion topic: Satellite

This message was authored by Lg2000 This message was authored by: Lg2000

Satellite

Hi I got sky q installed yesterday and I can only watch certain channels because the rest are saying no satellite signal 

I've checked the plugs and leads and everything is in properly but nothing 

Can any one help as I don't know what to do 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Satellite

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @Lg2000 

you probably will need to call SKY to get an engineer to re-visit

Do you have your own dish or are you fed from a communal system ?

Lg2000
Topic Author

I live in a block of flats so communal dish 

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Lg2000 wrote:

I live in a block of flats so communal dish 

Unfortunately that brings up a slight issue. 

The feed that is faulty is owned by & the responibility of the Building management & they probaby are the ones you should contact first. 

They may, however, be reluctant to deal. 

SKY should however be able to check the signal on all the transponders and provide you with a PDF report that you can refer to your building management

This message was authored by Godfrey This message was authored by: Godfrey

@Lg2000 wrote:...I live in a block of flats so communal dish 

This is very unusual because the Sky Multiple Development trained engineer should have run several scans in order to check the measured performance parameters of all the 65 satellite transponder signals that your Sky Q receiver requires, for example;

SCR 1.53.jpg

Did the Sky MDU trained engineer have to install a Unitron dCSS-422 Sky Q Plug-In adaptor in the central communal distribution cabinet that serves your flat, in order to provide you with a Sky Q compatible Single Cable Router (SCR) feed or was the communal Integrated Reception System (IRS) installation already ready for residents who had Sky Q receivers?

In view of how quickly this problem has surfaced I suggest that you ask Sky to schedule another Sky MDU trained engineer without delay.

Godfrey.

Lg2000
Topic Author

He tested the signal but it was fine but I had sky ages ago and I had no signal problems 

@Lg2000  When you previously had Sky was that using a Sky+HD or Sky Q receiver?

Godfrey.

Lg2000
Topic Author

I had sky Q

@Lg2000   It would save a lot of time if you can convince Sky to schedule an MDU trained engineer to return and run a full scan, which would enable them to then email a PDF file copy of that detailed test to you, in order to allow you to pass any clearly identified problems on to the managing agents who look after your communal block, if the fault lies with the communal IRS installation.

Signal Levels
o Fully data log all ports from the existing switch that will be used to provide signal and ensure all pass.
o Check the signal levels are between 65dBuV and 85dBuV from the existing switch.
o MER - >11dB
o bBER - minimum- 2.00xE-4

If the loggers show fails there is nothing you can do to rectify the fault. Export the logger as a PDF file and send to the customer via email so they can speak to their Managing Agent (MA) so arrangements can be made to have the block serviced.

Or, if the problem is a defective Sky Q receiver they should be able to replace it for you.

Godfrey.

Lg2000
Topic Author

There coming on Monday between 8am and 1pm 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion