Discussion topic: Sky Max HD catch up

This message was authored by Coopernicus This message was authored by: Coopernicus

Sky Max HD catch up

Hi, 

I've just had Sky Q installed today, I have the TV package plus UHD.  All great except I'm unable to watch Sky Max Catch up though. I can watch it live no problem, but I just tried to watch The Amazing Mr Blunden on catch up and it tells me I need to upgrade??? Is this a card/software issue? 

Thanks,

Barry 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by DipDipDipam This message was authored by: DipDipDipam

Re: Sky Max HD catch up

It's because it's a film from the Sky Cinema package. Sky Max is just choice programs and films they'll let you watch for free. Have you got the cinema package?

---------------------------------------------------------
Sky q 2tb HDR, ultrafast 150mb, 4 mini boxes, Asus Zenwifi xt8 mesh WiFi x 2
Full sky package except kids & bt sport
Samsung 65" QLED TV with 6500k CRI 98 bias lighting and blackout blinds, Denon X3600h AVR, Dali Oberon 7 floor standing speakers, vokal centre speaker, Oberon on the wall rear speakers, c1 Atmos speakers, e12f subwoofer, Panasonic DPUB820 4k blu ray player, Chromecast with Google TV, Atacama Evo hifi rack and about £1000 worth of cables to go with it all
This message was authored by DipDipDipam This message was authored by: DipDipDipam

Click on this to read about Sky Max

https://www.skymedia.co.uk/channels/sky-max/ 

Samsung 65" QLED TV with 6500k CRI 98 bias lighting and blackout blinds, Denon X3600h AVR, Dali Oberon 7 floor standing speakers, vokal centre speaker, Oberon on the wall rear speakers, c1 Atmos speakers, e12f subwoofer, Panasonic DPUB820 4k blu ray player, Chromecast with Google TV, Atacama Evo hifi rack and about £1000 worth of cables to go with it all
Coopernicus
Topic Author
This message was authored by Coopernicus This message was authored by: Coopernicus

But I can watch it live. It's included in my package. Why can't I watch catch up? 

Coopernicus
Topic Author

Because they show certain programs or films for free on sky Max there and then. If they then let you use catch up, they wouldn't have much to entice people to buy their full cinema package. It's done as a kind of entice customers to upgrade channel.

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I do not think @DipDipDipamis is correct to say it is Sky Cinema. When I go to catch up, it shows it as sky max

Screenshot_20211225_095058_com.bskyb.skygo.jpg

 in comparison, dragon rider which was also on sky signature, still shows as sky cinema

Maybe the uhd isn't available yet (sometimes it takes a day or two for uhd) . I would suggest emailing viewer relations at viewerR@sky.uk as they may have more information 

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

Sorry he may be right then. It's sky showcase which definitely won't let you use catch up.

Coopernicus
Topic Author

I don't know what changed but I  can download programmes now, so all good in the end. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion