Discussion topic: Sky q says no network but network connection ticked (mini box working fine)

This message was authored by Joneses3 This message was authored by: Joneses3

Sky q says no network but network connection ticked (mini box working fine)

Had sky q box for a few years and have a mini box in next room. Always been slow to download even though we have fibre optic direct to house with 150Mbs. Last couple of weeks sky q keeps dropping off network even though in settings everything ticked. Have done all the switch offs and changed the dns to 8.8.8.8. Worked for couple of days then again today watching Netflix it just stopped. Sky mini was watching Netflix fine at the time. Switched everything off and on and had to reconnect the mini but then it could watch Netflix but still can,t on main box (network all ticked ok). Getting really frustrating as obviously a problem on the sky q box as internet all fine and download speed in the room is far more than sky q and mini working fine 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Sky q says no network but network connection ticked (mini box working fine)

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I will escalate this to our community chat for you. Please look out for an email or chat bubble. We look forward to speaking to you

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Joneses3

An invite was sent but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

Thanks
Tom
Joneses3
Topic Author

Hi Tom, I clicked the link but nothing happened - can you reopen? 

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Joneses3

I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – Thanks for chatting to us Joneses3. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Joneses3
Topic Author

Yes please do reopen the chat. (Sorry the lack of instant response then having to find time in busy diaries to remember to log back in until a response then do so is tricky and now frustrating) 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Joneses3 
I’ve re-escalated your post to Sky and they may get in touch with you later or maybe tomorrow.

Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble on the bottom left of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to join the private chat or it will close automatically. Also if you fail to respond to each message from Sky within 48 hours the chat will automatically close. Replies on the chat aren’t instant so keep checking the chat thread regularly.

Please make sure that your email/private message notifications are switched to ‘on’ to avoid missing the alerts.

This link explains how the process works
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat 🙂

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Joneses3 

As you can see I did re-escalate your post but my post fell foul of the filters. It may reappear tomorrow. Make sure you check for responses regularly otherwise it will time out again.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – Thanks for chatting to us Joneses3. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks 🙂 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Joneses3
Topic Author

On two different chats I've filled in the field for our sky account and heard nothing - this process is an absolute farce 

@Joneses3 

As 3 escalations have failed to resolve your issue I think you'll have to persevere on the phone.

Sky customer since 2001
Joneses3
Topic Author

The funny thing was I just put this comment to see if any other users had any ideas and Sky chose to escalate it to their 'chat'. A chat where it's not instant but if you don't look and respond with 48 hours it's closed - yet on 2 of those they didn't respond when I answered their questions. I think i'll continue with the poor download speed and hit and miss  use of apps until I get so frustrated just to leave.... (at least we managed to watch all the last episodes of Ozarks!!)

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion