Discussion topic: very very slow speeds

This message was authored by cammy454 This message was authored by: cammy454

very very slow speeds

so for this week and last week ive had my speeds getting really slow like half a megabyte and lower on the download and like 5mb on upload now no one is downloading at my house we tried turning off all devices apart from the one we tested on still low and then i phoned sky they sent us a new router and its still slow we should be getting 60mbs download and 15mbs upload i dont know whats going on but sky needs to fix this do i really have to sit in a phone queue for an hour again just so i can book an engineer this time its rediculous and also they keep thinking im using wifi im not im using ethernet and its still bloody slow i have family that works from home this cant carry on for much longer 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: very very slow speeds

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@cammy454Could you please post your router stats, this can be done following the link below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
cammy454
Topic Author

cammy454_0-1634248429062.png

cammy454
Topic Author

i tried posting the pic but it just shows a triangle?

hope this one works dsfsdfdsfdsfsfdsfdsfdsfsdfsd.JPG

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@cammy454 

The images need to be moderated. Can you highlight the text and copy and paste. Ignore the invalid html bit it will delete when you hit post again

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
cammy454
Topic Author

Router Statistics
System Up Time: 13:11:42

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN MER 3227802 6106612 0 335294 10846630 02:43:14 LAN Up 6011289 3468875 2 11581309 333368 13:11:42 WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 1712291 1590367 0 8023 1478 13:10:21 WLAN (5 GHz) Up 1856527 520279 0 6942 646 13:10:21

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed 11448 kbps 15178 kbps Line Attenuation D1(15.9 dB) , D2(37.1 dB) , D3(52.2 dB) U0(5.3 dB) , U1(25.4 dB) , U2(40.3 dB) Noise Margin 22.2 dB 9.2 dB
cammy454
Topic Author

@cookiemonsteruk think thats worked are u able to read it?

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@cammy454 

That is the worse line i have seen since about 10 minutes ago . Are you in Glasgow? If you run test on the my sky app it should allow you to book an engineer. If not get back to us in the morning and we'll see if it can be escalated to sky to save you the bother

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

cammy454
Topic Author

@cookiemonsteruk no im from somerset is it really bad its weird cause the phone guy when he did his external tests told it was fine i did run the test and it says to call them again 

@cammy454 

Lines are open from 07:30 as far as i know but some of our superusers are even earlier .

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@cammy454 I have escalated your post to Sky who may be in touch with you regarding this via a private message on this forum or an email to you, both of which will invite you to a private chat. This will now be tomorrow morning.

More about this process can be found in the link below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
cammy454
Topic Author

I spoke to the people on private chat and all they have done is said they will run tests for the next 72 hours which is useless cause my wifi is even worse now on a good day its 10mbs on a bad hour its half a megabyte im literaly having to type this through my phone data cause my wifi is so slow @Highlinder am i gonna have to phone sky and hope they will send an engineer cause every contact ive had with them ive told them i need an engineer visit and they just wont book one

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion