Discussion topic: Broadband charges after switching to another provider

This message was authored by lindasongs This message was authored by: lindasongs

Broadband charges after switching to another provider

Hopefully someone can help me on here.  I signed up with a new provider (also on the Openreach network) on the 18th February this year for broadband and talk and the arranged switch date away from Sky was the 5th March.   Sky acknowledged this and there was a message from them (in my messages in my account) to say that 'we're sorry to hear you're leaving Sky Broadband and Talk' and that 'your switch date will be sent to you by letter in the next few days' etc.  I then only received one further  letter referring to the Talk element of the switch confirming that the switch would be on the 5th March, but I didn't receive anything else relating to the broadband, nor have I been asked to send the Sky equipment back.  On the switch date of 5th March Sky turned off the broadband that morning and later that morning I connected to the new provider using the router they sent me and have been using the new provider for broadband and talk ever since.    I think something has gone wrong somewhere because looking under the Sky bills in my account for the next bill date of 28th March it shows a credit for the cancellation of Sky Talk from the 5th March which is correct,  but Ultrafast broadband is still on there as if I was still using the service and they are charging me £30.44 for this.   Future bills reflect Talk being removed but again show Ultrafast broadband on the bill at a cost of £38 for April and May.     Also looking under 'Your Products' on the account it confirms  that 'your broadband isn't with us' so I can't understand why I am still being charged for it.    Could somebody please help me resolve this as I am a pensioner and cannot really afford to pay for 2 broadband subscriptions whilst this is being resolved and it is quite worrying.    Thank you.  

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Broadband charges after switching to another provider

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@lindasongs 

You will need to call Sky about this so they can look into it for you.

Under "Need more help ?" link at the bottom of the page on this link is the number to call Sky on:

https://www.sky.com/help/home

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion