Discussion topic: My experience with the new Sky Broadband Hub

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Martyn4 This message was authored by: Martyn4

Re: My experience with the new Sky Broadband Hub

I already have boost it was included in my installer offer for 18 months I'm waiting for an email just see if my package has changed but she said it hadn't @Chrisee 

This message was authored by Tyl3r99 This message was authored by: Tyl3r99

I just ordered the fibre with boost also but no progress 😞 

Let us know how you get on with it! 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tyl3r99 as with many Sky launches the internal communications are crap - it will get sorted  - but it may be worth calling again as you might get someone who can read their own website. From the briefing we had it was delayed then back on again. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Mark-Br This message was authored by: Mark-Br

@Martyn4 wrote:

I already have boost it was included in my installer offer for 18 months I'm waiting for an email just see if my package has changed but she said it hadn't @Chrisee 

Taken from https://www.sky.com/help/articles/wifi-guarantee

"...if you took Sky Broadband Boost before 4 September 2019, you’ll need to get in touch to upgrade to Sky Broadband Boost including WiFi Guarantee."

Mark
Community Manager

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Just rang up and got the new router. Get it in a few days time.

Had to recontract my Sky Superfast Boost package I took out a few months back.to the new Sky Superfast Wifi package. 

There is a £9.95 delivery charge, but I had that waived.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Martyn4 This message was authored by: Martyn4

That winds me up no way could that delivery charge be waived when I asked grrr

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Just thinking about where I will put my new Sky Broadband Hub (SR203) when it arrives.

What are the width/depth/height measurements?

By the way on what I've been sent so far, I have this link for setup.

http://storage.sky.com/prod/helpcentre/manuals/skybroadband/sky-broadband-hub-setup-guide.pdf

Also, noticed this change;

To login to the hub control panel, open an internet browser on a connected device and type
http://192.168.0.1/
To view or change any hub settings requires a username and password. Your username is admin. The default password is the wifi password found on the rear of your hub or connect card.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

@lettice if you go back and read my or @jamesn123  review at the start of this thread you will see lots of details of the new hub including pictures and details of the change to the admin pasword which is a useful security improvement.

The new hub is just a bit over 25cm wide x 17cm high x 5cm deep - its vertical orientation is necessary for the better wifi aerials. It has 4 (yes count them 4) ethernet ports for those who think that is important.Smiley Happy

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by tarbat This message was authored by: tarbat

It has 4 (yes count them 4) ethernet ports for those who think that is important.Smiley Happy

Does it also have a WAN port for connection to an Openreach ONT?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TARBAT's SETUP....................Sky Q 2tb v3
Panasonic 65” GZ1500 OLED TV : Yamaha YSP-2700 Soundbar (ARC) : BT Smart Hub 2 & FTTP 900 : BT Disc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Community Superuser. 25 Years Diamond VIP

@tarbat wrote:
It has 4 (yes count them 4) ethernet ports for those who think that is important.Smiley Happy

Does it also have a WAN port for connection to an Openreach ONT?

Not on the black version I have but there was mention of a grey version that might I suppose. 

This message was authored by jewers This message was authored by: jewers

@Tyl3r99 Hi, I am in same position.  Ordered Sky Talk with Superfast and Boost on the evening of 3rd September.  Gutted that I have missed out by one day.  Rang Sky last night and adviser did not know if new hub available yet.  He is going to check with his Manager and will text me to let me know when it is available.

@jewers wrote:

@Tyl3r99 Hi, I am in same position.  Ordered Sky Talk with Superfast and Boost on the evening of 3rd September.  Gutted that I have missed out by one day.  Rang Sky last night and adviser did not know if new hub available yet.  He is going to check with his Manager and will text me to let me know when it is available.

@jewers 

I managed to drill in to them and suddenly they knew a little bit more. 

My fibre activation day is the 17th they said once its active to give them a call they said. Even give me a case number whatever that means.. 

We shall see. I hope the wifi range is a lot better 

I'm excited lol

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Tyl3r99 wrote:

@jewers wrote:

@jewers 

I managed to drill in to them and suddenly they knew a little bit more. 

My fibre activation day is the 17th they said once its active to give them a call they said. Even give me a case number whatever that means.. 

We shall see. I hope the wifi range is a lot better 

I'm excited lol

@Tyl3r99 Sounds good. Let's hope you are happy with the new hub. 

As per my review and screen shots  I did find s difference in the coverage being it was stronger  in my furthest point from the hub

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by jewers This message was authored by: jewers

@Tyl3r99 @Thank you for getting back.  My activation date is the 18th.  Rang Sky again this morning and got someone who knew more.  Got same instructions as yourself.  I have to ‘phone them back after activation and they will try to sort it out.

@jewers wrote:

@Tyl3r99 @Thank you for getting back.  My activation date is the 18th.  Rang Sky again this morning and got someone who knew more.  Got same instructions as yourself.  I have to ‘phone them back after activation and they will try to sort it out.

I think it's because our broadband isnt yet active so theoretically we dont have broadband BOOST yet... that's my guess but as soon as I know any more I'll post here 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion