Discussion topic: Port Forwarding on SR213

This message was authored by Mix This message was authored by: Mix

Port Forwarding on SR213

Hey folks,

I'm trying to configure port forwarding on my SR213, but am having issues doing so.

I tried accessing the option via 192.168.0.1 but was told to go the app... Ok then.

In the app, when going into port forwarding, I'm told to select a device. 

The only device available is my phone, yet I can see the desktop via 192.168.0.1 > Connected Devices.

The device I want to alter is a desktop connected via ethernet. 

Hoping someone can call me a dunce and provide a really easy fix 🤞

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Port Forwarding on SR213

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mix The hub needs to be told first which device you need to forward too.  If the PC is not showing on the device drop down it probably has not been active for sometime so simply use the PC for a few minutes to make it appear. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Mix
Topic Author

Hi @Chrisee 

Thanks for your swift response. 

The desktop has been on and connected since we plugged in the Sky hub and has been used to a couple of hours of browsing, and several downloads but still isn't appearing 😕 

Come to think of it, neither are my laptop / gaming PC / Nvidia Shield and a few other devices... Just mine and my partners phones... 

Any ideas?

@Mix to be honest no I haven't.  Can you confirm the PCs are getting their IP addresses from the hub so are not using a fixed IP address as that could possibly be the issue? Also are they on direct LAN cables and not connected via a switch or similar? 

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Mix
Topic Author

@Chrisee 

I've got no fixed IP addresses on any of the devices 

The 2 desktops are connected to the hub via Powerline Adapters

The laptop via Wifi

The shield directly to the hub

All have been used for a minimum of 2 hours, some for several more 🙂

@Mix it is odd. If you go into the My Sky app under My Devices and select the hub and connected devices, show all devices do they then show on that list? No rush to reply as I will ask a Sky contact to look at the thread to see if he can find out more so they will see all of your replies.

Mix
Topic Author

@Chrisee 

Thanks for getting someone at Sky to have a look, really appreciate it!

Interestingly it shows 0 devices connected, and the 2 phones as diconnected... 

Thinking about it, there is a detail I'd not really taken in until now.. I changed the Hub name and password.. 

E.G. It was:

Name: "SkyHub123"
Password: "SkyPassword"

But I changed it to:

Name: "MyOldVirginHubName"

Password: "MOldVirginHubPassword"

As this saved me resetting all my smart bulbs / devices etc. 

The reason I mention this, is that the 2 phones were the only things to connect to the hub when it was under it's original Sky name and password, and they're the only things showing up... 

That said, surely it wouldn't matter for the devices connected via Powerline / Direct Ethernet? 

Apologies for the potentially useless detour 😅

@Mix if you haven't dome so reboot the hub to see if thatvsorts the device list. If it doesn't it is being suggested you reset the SR213 by pressing and holding the wps button for up to 30 seconds. That will restart it in its orginal state, hopefully it will allow you to add the port forwarding for the two PCs then change the Wifi name again . Sounds a bit of a cludge to me but the thought is the device id is currently messed up and needs resetting

Mix
Topic Author

Morning @Chrisee ,

Apologies for the delay, hectic evening!

I did a reboot of the router but no joy, so had to do the 30 second factory reset.

After it had reset, all my devices appeared on the app and I was able to successfully forward the required ports!

However, when I renamed the router all my devices showed as disconnected and the port forwarding stopped working.

It seems I either have the choice of no port forwarding, or resetting several dozen smart devices..

Seems a bit weird to make it so easy to change the WiFi name etc. But thereby allow so many problems?

Unless you and your sky engineer contacts have any other suggestions? 🙏

@Mix half expected as much -  if anything comes up I will let you know.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion