Discussion topic: Emails in Spam Folder Disappeared not in deleted items either

This message was authored by Dantheman80 This message was authored by: Dantheman80

Emails in Spam Folder Disappeared not in deleted items either

Good afternoon,

I had a number of emails in my spam folder which were not spam but replies to an email i had sent.

They have now all disappeared and only spam emails from July are showing, these were recieved in June and quite important.  They are not in my Inbox also there are no messages in the Deleted Items folder and I have no Trash Folder visible.

Why have these emails disappered.?  Wherre have they gone, i actually needed to reply to one of them.

Thanks

Dan

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Emails in Spam Folder Disappeared not in deleted items either

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yahoo does empty the spam folder every so often, I think it is something like every 30 days so if you see copies of your sent emails in there again then it is best to move them out.

Was there also copies in your Sent folder or perhaps if you received replies, a copy of the replies you have been sent.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Dantheman80
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dantheman80 This message was authored by: Dantheman80

I had sent an impotant email to a CEO of a company due to bad custoemr service, two of their colleagues had replied and they had gone into my spam.  I only realsied last week when I was too busy to look at them.  

They have now disappeared, surely i can request they are retrieved from backup, as I have not moved them and I was not made aware of Yahoo's policy to completely remove spam emails, witjout first tranfering themto the deleted folder. 

The correct thing to do would to move them to the deleted folders not make them vanish completely.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Dantheman80 wrote:

They have now disappeared, surely i can request they are retrieved from backup, as I have not moved them and I was not made aware of Yahoo's policy to completely remove spam emails, witjout first tranfering themto the deleted folder. 

Maintaining a backup copy is an email accountholder's responsibility.

I don't believe Yahoo Mail or Sky Yahoo Mail provide the ability to restore emails from the spam folder, I'm afraid.

There is nothing that can be done if you failed to keep an eye on the spam folder which any email account holders needs to do as there will be no way to get these emails back. If you then replied to them then there might a copy of you reply to their email to you in the Sent folder.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Dantheman80
Topic Author

Thanks for your answer but where have they gone?

why are they not in the deleted folder?

Dantheman80
Topic Author

If the account holder is not informed of Sky's policy of making emails vanish from the spam folder then legally it's Sky's responsibility to retrieve any emails they have deleted without informing the account holder.

I will happily eat my words if i can be privided with terms and conditions which state Sky/Yahoo have the right to make spam emails disppear.

I look forwrd to your reply.

Please note, we are all customers of Sky here.

When Yahoo empties the spam folders anything in there is not moved to the deleted folder but removed for good which is why it needs to be checked on a regular basis.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Dantheman80 wrote:

I will happily eat my words if i can be privided with terms and conditions which state Sky/Yahoo have the right to make spam emails disppear.

I assume you read all the "small print" when you acccepted the T&C's for Yahoo mail. (no me neither)

I bet it is in there somewhere.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Dantheman80 wrote:

If the account holder is not informed of Sky's policy of making emails vanish from the spam folder then legally it's Sky's responsibility to retrieve any emails they have deleted without informing the account holder.

Well, I'm not a lawyer so not qualified to comment on matters of legality, but I would guess it's covered by sections 3.10 and 3.12 of the Sky Yahoo Mail Ts & Cs.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion