Discussion topic: Emails not working

This message was authored by Shaz-despair This message was authored by: Shaz-despair

Emails not working

My emails have stopped working on the i phone email app (no longer coming through). I’ve contacted apple who passed me to sky. Sky passed me to yahoo. Yahoo can't help and passed me back to sky. Sky can't help and nowhere to go. He went through his diagnostic and no further help available. I went back to apple who were really helpful and have confirmed the app is working fine, it's the email provider. So I've tried changing my email password but still no joy. I've created a password on the sky password generator which works initially but then when close email app down and reopen, it errors again. It looks like the password generator isn't working properly as it's supposed to continue working once done according to the blurb. Just to confirm I can access my emails through web Mail logging into sky email. When I've had issues in the past it usually works by deleting email account in settings, changing password and adding email account but this isn't working. It says it needs a password but the password has been entered - I've tried my normal password and an automatically generated one. I can't believe sky can't help further, it's really frustrating 😬

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: I can't access my emails

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

There is fault with the email system at present, it looks like it is at Yahoo's end as it usually is, you can see from this graph that other people are reporting issues from around 7 this evening:

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/yahoo-mail/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Emails not working

Edit - Sorry you have already tried this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

I'm not familiar with the iPhone app - do you need to enter the password twice, once for sending and again for receiving?

Shaz-despair
Topic Author
This message was authored by Shaz-despair This message was authored by: Shaz-despair

Tried both but anymore help greatly appreciated🤪

This message was authored by LotusGreg This message was authored by: LotusGreg

At a guess I'd say that the issue lies with Yahoo, again!  They are utter rubbish and not to be trusted. 

Hopefully, someone, somewhere is working on a fix. That's if they have realised that first, there is an issue and, second, that the issue lies with them.

This message was authored by neiltt This message was authored by: neiltt

I can't access either. The Sky website isn't redirecting either. I wonder if Yahoo has crashed or something.

This message was authored by chris+vining This message was authored by: chris+vining

same here ....................emails not working and just takes you to sky glass add

This message was authored by LotusGreg This message was authored by: LotusGreg

The next step will be Yahoo telling us all to create new passwords, again. They are just useless.

This message was authored by anthonyrosamond This message was authored by: anthonyrosamond

Tried everything. Not working for me either!!!

No help from Sky. Is Sky Yahoo mail down for everyone??

This message was authored by ASTOPS This message was authored by: ASTOPS

I can't access my emails

I could earlier this afternoon but now my emails cannot be accessed by either my android, ipad or desktop.  My husband is experiencing the same problem.  Is there a problem with all Yahoo Mail in the area .....Bournemouth

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Same here, going to my online emails and I get redirected to Sky.com

The Downdetector is showing problems from 7pm this evening...

This message was authored by Markymarkuk This message was authored by: Markymarkuk

Yes.  i have my sky e-mail and a yahoo email address and nither are working so defo a Yahoo issue.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: I can't access my emails

There is fault with the email system at present, it looks like it is at Yahoo's end as it usually is, you can see from this graph that other people are reporting issues from around 7 this evening:

This message was authored by JimPy1 This message was authored by: JimPy1

It is not working on my iMac or my wife's iphone.  I have logged on to Sky and the result is that I am taken to the Sky Glass page not the Yahoo mail page.  This must be a Yahoo problem.  I am asked to enter my password but that is a waste of time.  Sky and Yahoo should be talking about this and getting it sorted quickly.

This message was authored by bobbit This message was authored by: bobbit

Same for me. No more e-mails being delivered to my phone app and on my windows desk top computor I'm redirected from the e mail page to skys maine home page.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion