Discussion topic: Locked out of email for days!

This message was authored by Frustrated1973 This message was authored by: Frustrated1973

Locked out of email for days!

Hi,

It's not me, but my husband can't login to his sky account anymore to post on here for help. He was in Hong Kong a couple of days ago and his account failed to login. He changed the password once and it came back for 12 hrs. After that it failed again and no amount of password changes have helped. He spent over 5 hours on the phone yesterday and over 15 calls. He was promised a return call 4 times which never came and 5 times he was hung up on. 4 times they promised they were transferring him to a higher department for a resolution. One sky colleague suggested he wait 6-7 days! We have a house move underway and so much of our vital documentation is in this account and we can't reply to anything. 

Most people just fobbed him off. Can someone, anyone, please let me know how he can simply get someone with the authority to unlock his account to do so? He's verified his personal details a dozen times now. Only one person yesterday seemed even remotely able to help (Aileen?) and she was in the process of transferring him to the ID department (?) when the call was cut off again.

He's going absolutely mad here and has no faith in anyone he spoke to yesterday (aside from Aileen) sorting this out, let alone understanding the magnitude of the problem it's caused.

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Locked out of email for days!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

To clarify, is he able to log in to sky.com? If not, what exactly does the error message say?

Frustrated1973
Topic Author
This message was authored by Frustrated1973 This message was authored by: Frustrated1973

Nope, locked out of both accounts - gets a message saying a problem and to call

An 0344 number which I apparently can't post on here as it's been posted too many times!  which he's done repeatedly yesterday

It's the same account - his SkyID is used for both email and logging in to Sky.com.

If resetting the password doesn't fix it, he'll need to speak to the SkyID team via the number in the error message. I've had to do this on a couple of occasions. Tell them his SkyID has been locked and request them to unlock it. He'll then need to reset his password.

Frustrated1973
Topic Author

Thanks Mark,

Sadly that's what he spent all day yesterday doing and nobody seemed able to do it. Another day on the phone I guess, then. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Sadly you will have to keep trying as sooner or later you should get through to someone that can help you with this. He isn't using a VPN is he, if you/he doesn't know what it then he will not be.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

If he is unable to log in here: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details then yes only Sky will be able to unlock the account, subject to passing security. Unfortunately getting an agent who knows the process is getting more and more difficult, you will just have to keep calling until you get one.

Good luck.

Frustrated1973
Topic Author

Oh my. OK. Feared as much. Another wasted day on the phone it is then. 

Frustrated1973
Topic Author

Indeed it was another wasted day. There's so little consistency in the customer service call centres. Each time it's a different story.

If there's any chance a grown-up at Sky is reading this can they offer some help?! It's been 4 days now and counting. Some very important emails are going unanswered.

It's primarily a customer Community, I'm afraid, and in any event, this requires the help of the SkyID team, so I think it's unlikely that Sky can help here.

What are Sky saying? We might be able to guide you on how to progress it.

Frustrated1973
Topic Author

Hi Mark,

Thanks, I feared as much. To be honest they say a different thing each time he manages to actually get through to anyone., ranging from leave it for 24 hrs, it's been escalated or they'll put him through to a higher authority (they never do, it always then hangs up). 

Now the number they've given isn't open again until Monday so that's another 48 hrs!

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Frustrated1973 

I've escalated your post, so look out for a chat button, and let's hope they can help.

Escalating a post to a Sky expert | Sky Community

Frustrated1973
Topic Author

Hi All,

after an online chat by me I got a much better number and they were able to sort it in minutes for him! 

thanks to all for the help

@Frustrated1973 wrote

after an online chat by me I got a much better number and they were able to sort it in minutes for him! 

Finally! Glad it's OK now.

This message was authored by E.Healey This message was authored by: E.Healey

You have my full sympathy as same has happened to my emails after a hack 12 days ago. Not receiving any & am unable to make any transactions requiring email access. No one can help me, called sky twice, to no avail & I'm not good with troubleshooting. Feel like crying. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion