Discussion topic: No emails in or out

This message was authored by Picture+breaking This message was authored by: Picture+breaking

No emails in or out

My email on sky was hacked but having changed my password I now can't get or send anything. Sky says that it's a problem with Yahoo but Yahoo seems Ok. What's going on?

All Replies

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: No emails in or out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you are using an app to access your emails, changing your password would have triggered your account to require a generated password. (if it didn''t require it before)

https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps

Are to able to access and send emails here:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email

This message was authored by jewers This message was authored by: jewers

Having problems with Sky Yahoo email as well.  There was a Yahoo outage yesterday.  Not knowing this, I rang Sky when my emails would not load using mail app on all of my Apple devices.  Sky talked me through changing my password as they had had this problem all day and this would correct my emails.  Did this and emails loaded but things are not working properly.  Cannot receive any emails and get message saying error, cannot connect to server.  Strangely, if I  try to send one to my other email address, it sometimes works.  I can see all my folders within Sky Yahoo mail but the message of error, cannot connect to server keeps appearing.   Sky did say that it was the fault of the Yahoo servers but did not mention a generated password.  Any help would be very much appreciated.

This message was authored by jewers This message was authored by: jewers

Forgot to mention that able to access emails via Sky.com

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jewers try using an app password, as @jayach posted. If Sky Yahoo Mail is working normally via sky.com it looks like it's solely an app issue. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion