Discussion topic: Sky email

This message was authored by Neanie This message was authored by: Neanie

Sky email

Until recently my sky email would stop most spam, **bleep** sites, gambling sites etc arriving in my email. Now I am getting heaps every day in my junk folder. I have spoken to sky. They have told me that an upgrade will fix this, but I have to wait until I am offered this. Also was told to adjust filter settings. This sent nearly everything including legitimate email to deleted items folder. Any ideas?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky email

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I would have thought it highly unlikely that there will be any update or upgrade to Sky Yahoo Mail. But it sounds like it's working correctly if the spam you mention is being diverted to your Junk folder. Probably best just to empty the junl folder daily or use an app or email client which might provide more sophisticated filtering.

Neanie
Topic Author
This message was authored by Neanie This message was authored by: Neanie

I use outlook to view and send email. Would there be anything I could do on that system?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Neanie wrote:

Until recently my sky email would stop most spam, **bleep** sites, gambling sites etc arriving in my email. Now I am getting heaps every day in my junk folder.

If these are ending up in your junk folder then what is happening is correct as the system is correctly recognising these emails as spam and is sending them there. As for why you are suddenly getting them know body can accurately answer this but you are never going to be able to stop them from being sent as spam sadly goes hand in hand with email. Not sure why Sky told you are upgrade will fix this as that is quite a poor reply as no software update will ever stop spam from being sent.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Neanie wrote:

I use outlook to view and send email. Would there be anything I could do on that system?

I haven't checked but I would guess that you should be able to set up a rule in Outlook to empty your Junk mail box daily, if that would help?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion