Discussion topic: stopped receiving emails to outlook on my pc even though I can access them manually at my sky.

This message was authored by gplp This message was authored by: gplp

stopped receiving emails to outlook on my pc even though I can access them manually at my sky.

Although I can access my yahoo emails via my sky using my username and password I cannot receive them on my pc via outlook. I keep being asked to enter my username and password.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: stopped receiving emails to outlook on my pc even though I can access them manually at my sky.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

For Outlook only all you should need to do is to generate a 16 digit password and use that instead of the usual password it uses, you can you can generate the 16 digit password here:

https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps?client=email

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
gplp
Topic Author

Re: stopped receiving emails to outlook on my pc even though I can access them manually at my sky.

I have carried out instructions given bu oracle but problem has not been solved. When new generated password is entered a message saying an error has occurred appears. I have carried out this advice several times but unfortunately without success. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Check that you're following the instructions carefully and entering the generated password correctly. We know that the generated password doeswork with Outlook.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@gplp wrote:

When new generated password is entered a message saying an error has occurred appears. 

What does the error say, and how are you entering the password?

What version of Outlook is it?

gplp
Topic Author

Reply to @jayach, I have outlook 365. I have entered new generated password as instructed, but the reply from Microsoft says "something went wrong". I have tried this several times with no success. I can still log in to my sky with my original username and password and see my yahoo emails. But can still not access them through my outlook 365. Any further help would be appreciated, thanks. 

I have had problems updating the password in the latest versions of Outlook. but they have removed the post where I explained how to get around it by using the Mail option in  control panel.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Email/OUTLOOK-2019-CONNECTION-TO-SKY-EMAIL-SERVER-USING-IMAP/m-p/314932... thanks Sky.

Basically, use control panel (it's still there even in Windows 10/11) select mail, and you will be presented with the old interface, try updating it there.

jayach_1-1659618010993.png

gplp
Topic Author

Hi @jayach, have tried as you suggested but it still does not work and continues to keep asking me to enter a password on the

pop. mail. yahoo. com 

Regards 

TV

Have you a good reason for using POP?

Generate another password, https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps and use the copy function on the page. Then when the password request occurs paste (ctrl+v) it in. hopefully that will save it away. (make sure you tick the "remember this password" box if there is one.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion