Discussion topic: Subtitles (or lack of) on UHD programmes

This message was authored by Salvospe This message was authored by: Salvospe

Re: Subtitles (or lack of) on UHD programmes

Can't believe this, so cowards. If someone acts like this and is not transparent, it means has something to hide, in my opinion 🙄

This message was authored by WestLondonerSW5 This message was authored by: WestLondonerSW5

@Salvospe wrote:

Can't believe this, so cowards. If someone acts like this and is not transparent, it means has something to hide, in my opinion 🙄

I wonder if it's worth it reporting this to tech editors at the FT or The Times. Surely there's a story here...

This message was authored by Salvospe This message was authored by: Salvospe

I agree, there must be something very dodgy!

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Salvospe wrote:

Dear SKY, instead of removing unnecessary ( in your opinion ) comments, fix this problem, which is embarrassing! You are the only platform who doesn't have subtitles in UHD on demand content! The solution is not ignoring us and removing comments from people complaining!

Posts are moderated when they breach forum rules, not because they're critical. You can send a personal message to one of the Community Managers if you want to query a moderation decision.

You can find the rules,here: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Get-Started/bd-p/flow?step=4

This message was authored by gsdfgfb This message was authored by: gsdfgfb

If there is a genuine technical problem, surely from a customer service angle you just come clean and admit it. 
The current Sky angle seems to be to not give a solution or an explanation why not. 
Are we to record everything we might want to watch live in the hope we may get subtitles knowing there's no chance of subtitles on catch up. 

I know there probably won't be live either but they are there sometimes. 

This message was authored by Daviedee This message was authored by: Daviedee

This is getting beyond a joke now Sky!! The most expensive service and you can't get the simple things correct, there has been hundreds of posts about lack of subtitles and nothing has been done on the stream service. 
because my wife is hard of hearing she has to have subtitles, she's not blind so does not need the HUGE subtitles. 
Now we have to watch movies together in HD with no DolbyAtmos as that's only supported on UHD programs. 

can someone from Sky please advise when they are going to have a sprint session to fix the problem 

This message was authored by CristianM This message was authored by: CristianM

Same here with hearing off to my wife. Plus being non native English speakers, we are more affected. It is a shame in 2024 to implore a provider of £100/ monthly to supply subtitles. And Atlantic UHD content was the only reason to switch to Sky. I couldn't think about this issue. To have teletext style subtitles, a ridiculous broadband, a low cost router with very limited management, low puck streaming quality, probably a cheap processor, ugly potato as remote control rarely compatible with universal tv remote control etc.

This message was authored by EFCCJ This message was authored by: EFCCJ

It's amusing that they now have subtitles on some of the UHD sport content. Watching the football is the only time I don't need subtitles. When I do need subtitles for movies, etc, there is no help whatsoever.

This message was authored by GeeMon This message was authored by: GeeMon

@KevNewMedia 

It's now autumn 23....  can you see the irony in people who appreciate a clear picture (deaf people) not having access to the UHD content? 

This message was authored by Luca+G This message was authored by: Luca+G

No subtitles for uhd programmes in Nov 2023.

for example download the Lazarus project series 1

HD download it has susbtitles

UHD download does not have subtitles

Why?  Why am I paying extra for UHD if I cant understand what is going on (I am deaf)

can't be that complicated to fix?  Even with AI doing in the fly subtitles. Be better than nothing.  I thought Sky were at the forefront of broadcasting media?

Regards

Mr L Giulianelli

This message was authored by gsdfgfb This message was authored by: gsdfgfb

Welcome to our world!

It is ridiculous that Sky defaults to downloading the UHD version that can't be watched by peope hard of hearing.  We have to continuosly change it to a lower quality version to get subtitles.  It is like pre Teletext days where subtitles aren't available

This message was authored by WestLondonerSW5 This message was authored by: WestLondonerSW5

Shame on you Sky! So many messages and requests to get this fixed (for 7+ years) yet you don't even have the decency to acknowledge us and provide an update or a response.

Counting down the days for our Sky Stream contract to be over. YOU DO NOT DESERVE OUR MONEY!

This message was authored by EFCCJ This message was authored by: EFCCJ

My contract is up in January and I won't be continuing with Sky. I agree that the lack of communication on this topic is appalling.

This message was authored by AWHARR This message was authored by: AWHARR

I only get the sports and yes it looks like Sky UHD does now finally have subtitles. But now its TNT Sports UHD that doesn't have subtitles on Sky ... Jesus wept!

It was actually BT chat who put me through to this forum as it is BT Sports whom I pay for the new TNT Sports channels. They obviously think its a Sky issue and its not in this case as TNT Sports HD does have subtitles but TNT Sports UHD doesn't........... ridiculous!

So have put in a complaint via BT... lets see how long it takes them to fix it.

This message was authored by Gad This message was authored by: Gad

@AWHARR Hi There,

UHD still does not have subtitles for me , do I need to update software or something? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion