Discussion topic: Advanced IP settings

This message was authored by MakkyD This message was authored by: MakkyD

Advanced IP settings

Hi there, 

I have an issue that I believe is caused by my security system for my business.

They can't seem to fix the equipment from causing it, but I always am able to work around it.

It's to do with assigning the wrong subnet (192.168.50.xxxx) to devices on my router, which is always fixable by manually assigning the correct IP address (192.168.1.xxx) and DNS settings, like I did with SKY Q, and all mobile devices, etc.

Sky glass seems to have dropped the ability to choose those settings? Which has essentially bricked my new TV. 

Am I missing something obvious? Other than replacing the several thousand pound security system? 🙈

Many thanks,

Tom

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Advanced IP settings

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MakkyD wrote:

Sky glass seems to have dropped the ability to choose those settings? Which has essentially bricked my new TV. 

I suspect Glass just wasn't designed with that need in mind: it's very unusual in domestic circumstances to require manual IP addressing.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Carl_E This message was authored by: Carl_E

Re: Advanced IP settings

It was possible previously, say, Christmas timeframe, to manually configure the IP details...

Now, it's on automatic, and doesn't let me change this by "selecting" on the setting... why, Sky?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion