Discussion topic: All blue

This message was authored by Ian283 This message was authored by: Ian283

All blue

I have a glass 55" tv and normally everything is fine. I dont have uhd but sometimes take the free offer. Every program on every channel that is broadcast in uhd is blue. Very blue. Not just sky witness its everything that is uhd. HD is fine. Watched blue lights on iplayer and boy was it ever blue. Definitely blue blue lights. Needless to say i wont be continuing the deal and definitely wont be paying for it. 
UHD in sky is rubbish and should be avoided. Really annoyed as i cannot afford a new tv. So will just have to put up with programs in uhd on non sky channels being forever blue. 

Ian1968

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: All blue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Ian283 

Certainly not the case here with my Glass. Are you able to post a pic? It could be a defect with your panel. Are you still under warranty? Do have have access to UHD via netflix or Disney? Is the problem happening there? What happens if you power down at the mains and retry.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
Ian283
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ian283 This message was authored by: Ian283

No programs on Disney are like this. Are they all broadcast in uhd then 

Ian1968
This message was authored by Codebreaker1964 This message was authored by: Codebreaker1964

I have skyglass tv 55" had this for over a year and warrenty has run out, but paying for it over 4 years, I too noticed the FBI searies has a blue tint to it and I've tried all the setting changes to no avail.... I also started watching Blue Light on bbc streaming today and the same blue tint is there. I'm sure this is a streaming issue, as normal tv is fine.

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Codebreaker1964 

You get a two year warranty with Glass. See: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/warranty-sky-glass

The term of the loan you took for Glass has no bearing to the warranty that is offered. But if you are just over a year you should still be covered.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Codebreaker1964 This message was authored by: Codebreaker1964

Thanks for letting me know, thought it was just 12 months.

Just been onto sky customer service and explained the issue, the guy has writen an email as it's a known issue, but said doesn't seem changing the tv will solve the issue. I explained it happens when watching FBI series and Blue Light on BBC when streaming, he said it could be an issue with those programs when streaming as it doesn't happen on normal tv. So when he gets a reply to see if theres anything that will fix the issue, he'll get back to me later today.

Well as I expected, no one got back to me, seems any customer service rep palms you off because they don't know what the problem is, so disapointed.

I've just been onto sky again, they asked me to try the tv up stairs as I have a puck to watch sky in bed. It's not a glass tv, but when you watch fbi it does exactly the same thing, blue green tint, so it has to be a streaming issue, so she said she will talk to tech and get back to me by 2pm tomorrow.

Update: Had a text from sky just now regarding this issue. GST have replied and advised it is being worked on and to allow the update to resolve the issue. We don't have a time frame at the moment.

In other words they know of the issue and are working on the problem and the fix according to this text, will come the next time they update the tv software. when ever that will be.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion