Discussion topic: Discovery Plus Premium / TNT Sports - no access via app

This message was authored by joneds This message was authored by: joneds

Discovery Plus Premium / TNT Sports - no access via app

Before I make the call to Sky support, I was wondering if anyone else was having issues getting TNT Sports content on the Discovery + app (both Sky Stream puck version and iOS)?

I've had a Discovery + account since Sky first added complimentary access around two years ago, so it's definitely linked to my Sky account. However, I added TNT Sports a few weeks ago and can't view any of this "premium" content via Discovery +, only via the corresponding Sky channels. Not too big a deal, but I'd like to get 100% of what I'm paying for given the not inconsiderable monthly price of TNT Sports!

I've contacted Discovery +, who claim it's an issue with my account not being upgraded to premium level, but according to all the Sky help information I can find, adding TNT Sports to my Sky package should've triggered this.

Any ideas?

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by r0cketscience This message was authored by: r0cketscience

Re: Discovery Plus Premium / TNT Sports - no access via app

You may need to re-add it. If you go to the Sky Store section on your Glass/Stream, go to Discovery + and buy it again. Ought to show as £0 per month

joneds
Topic Author

@r0cketscience wrote:

You may need to re-add it. If you go to the Sky Store section on your Glass/Stream, go to Discovery + and buy it again. Ought to show as £0 per month

Thanks for the reply... I've looked in Sky Store and can't see any way to add/remove apps in there, just movies etc. to buy. Am I missing something?

This message was authored by r0cketscience This message was authored by: r0cketscience

Apologies, @joneds I was going from memory!

at the very bottom of the home page select My Sky. 

if you check in Your Products and then select App subscriptions you can see if you have a subscription and the activation option is there. 

Reactivating may also be available in the Sky Shop section. 

joneds
Topic Author

No luck I'm afraid. I can see the Discovery + subscription under "App subscriptions", but when I hit activate it just takes me to my Sky subscription page (via a QR code) whch confirms I've already linked accounts. No option to cancel and/or reactivate.

Sky Shop just brings up options for Disney and other channel packages.

This message was authored by dataylor02 This message was authored by: dataylor02

I'm having exactly the same problem and so I'd be keen to understand if you have resolved it.

I subscribed to TNT sports a week ago and can access the channels OK using the TNT channnels(410, 411, 417 etc).

I cannot, however, access sports on the Discovery+ apps (browser, mobile app etc). I get the following message  "Contact your provider to find out how to watch"

I've spent an hour with the Discovery+ chat folks and they could not resolve it saying it was a Sky problem. 

TNT Sport subscription through Sky is slightly cheaper (£1) than going direct but I'm assuming (from various web pages) that this would not disadvantage me from accessing TNT Sports on non-sky devices (e.g the Discover+ an app on my phone). If this is the case, I would prefer to pay the extra £1 for the flexibility as I'm away from home quite a bit.

Hi @dataylor02 

Hvae you followd the steps to sign up to Discovery + via your Stream/Glass? Its hould be in Sky Shop at a rpice of £0 per month. Once you've done that, sign in to Discovery + on your Stream/Glass. 

joneds
Topic Author

@dataylor02 wrote:

I'm having exactly the same problem and so I'd be keen to understand if you have resolved it.

No, not resolved. 

I haven't summoned the energy to call Sky about it yet, but it definitely seems it's a problem their end with something failing to trigger an upgrade of Discovery+ from standard (or whatever the tier is called which we get free with any Sky package) to Discovery+ Premium.

This message was authored by dataylor02 This message was authored by: dataylor02

Hi, @r0cketscience 

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I tried that and waited at least 48 hours for systems to be updated but not change. I might have to contact Sky which I'm dreading, nothwithstanding the wait but I'm going to have to explain this again. To be honest, I might just cancel the Sky TNT sports subsription and go through Discover+/TNT Sports direct - plus it's not an 18month contract.

Hi @joneds

Mine is now working - Sky Apps as well as browser, on phone and firesticks.  I have a hunch that what @r0cketscience mentioned regarding subscribing to Discovery+ (for £0) actually triggered it all although it certainly took me over 48 hours for it to rectify itself.

Incidently, I did sign-out of all devices - this is easiest to do on the Discovery+ website using a browser under your account and "manage devices" -  although I'm not convinced that made any difference. 

Anyway, I hope that the above is usefull and you are able to resolve your problem but I would follow @r0cketscience advice first if you've not already done so.

joneds
Topic Author

@dataylor02 thanks for the extra tips but I'm still getting nowhere!

I thought signing out of all devices and re-signing in might trigger something but I still get the same messages about upgrading my subscription.

Where were you seeing the purchase for £0 option? I can't see this in Sky Shop (the only things I can see here are services I don't already have) or under My Sky (where I can see D+ under active app subscriptions, but no options to reactivate or purchase it).

This message was authored by Renzo18 This message was authored by: Renzo18

@joneds did you get anywhere with this?

I have the exact issue where I have a bt sport sub and the app etc working fine. 

I had already activated discovery+ a while ago through my sky glass before all the tnt nonsense was coming about so when I then logged in using that I think it is using my sky activated log in under my email rather than my actual bt one.

Infuriating

joneds
Topic Author

@Renzo18 No, unfortunately. I did get hold of someone via the Sky Help online chat the other day, but ironically they couldn't access my account as I have an outstanding complaint open, which apparently only some special support team can deal with.

This message was authored by nhad This message was authored by: nhad

Did anyone ever get this resolved. 6 months in to the 18 month contract I still have no access on the app. 

another hour on the phone today including deleting and restating TNT sports achieved nothing but restarting the 18 month contract cycle!

joneds
Topic Author

Afraid not. However, i cancelled TNT just before christmas (with zero Discovery+ app access) and reinstated it yesterday due to a few matches coming up that I want to see. Weirdly, I now have full access to everything TNT-related in the app. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion