Discussion topic: Glass Remote Wrong Buttons

This message was authored by DunnA1 This message was authored by: DunnA1

Glass Remote Wrong Buttons

My Glass remote has stopped working. When you press the buttons they do no do what they are meant to eg button 7 turns it off and the Home Screen button changes volume. The QandA on the website say I need to ask for a new remote but how can I do that please?

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Glass Remote Wrong Buttons

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DunnA1  - have you tried resetting the remote.

Press 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds (This resets/clears the remote)
Press 1 and 3 together for three seconds (bluetooth mode) and follow any on-screen instructions.

The next option sounds insane but a number of users have reported it resolving the issue with their remotes. You could try holding the remote at both ends and giving it a gentle twist as though you were wringing out a towel.

If none of these options work you can request a replacement remote via this link: https://www.sky.com/help/forms/streaming-tv-remote

If you have an old Sky Q remote, you can use that as an interim solution whilst you await the new remote.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

@DunnA1  - have you tried resetting the remote.

Press 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds (This resets/clears the remote)
Press 1 and 3 together for three seconds (bluetooth mode) and follow any on-screen instructions.

The next option sounds insane but a number of users have reported it resolving the issue with their remotes. You could try holding the remote at both ends and giving it a gentle twist as though you were wringing out a towel.

If none of these options work you can request a replacement remote via this link: https://www.sky.com/help/forms/streaming-tv-remote

If you have an old Sky Q remote, you can use that as an interim solution whilst you await the new remote.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Sudin This message was authored by: Sudin

My sky glass remote doesn't seem to be working correctly. Can anyone advise me ? 

Pressing one button does completely different on the TV. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Sudin 
Re-Pair the remote

The next option sounds insane but a number of users have reported it resolving the issue with their remotes. You could try holding the remote at both ends and giving it a gentle twist as though you were wringing out a towel. It

If it is still not working have a look at the following guides:
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/remote-control-help-sky-glass
https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-glass/fixing-a-problem-sky-glass/fixing-sky-glass-remote...

NOT a Sky Employee

Doesn't work. I've tried that. Tried to twist the remote. No luck

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Sudin Welcome to the forum.  As per the previous post if none of the suggestions work then you can order a replacement remote at the following link: Streaming TV replacement remote 

If you have one available you can use a Sky Q remote while you wait for a replacement to arrive..

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Yeah, Ive ordered one. Don't have sky Q remote. Just have to wait until i get a new remote. Its crazy that there isn't any app i can download to control the Tv until then. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Sudin An app would certainly be useful especially as the remotes are pretty unreliable.  An App remote has been suggested in the past but so far there has been nothing developed.

The remotes ordered online apparently arrive pretty quickly 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion