Discussion topic: peacock launches on 16th November on Sky Q but not Glass

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

peacock launches on 16th November on Sky Q but not Glass

Tad unfair this on Glass customers, Peacock launches on the 16th November on Sky Q but not Glass. It will arrive in the early new year for Glass customers. 

I understand that BT Sport App will launch on the same date, but again only on Q. 

Peacock will not launch as an App but within the On demand section. BT Sport is an APP. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by SDR This message was authored by: SDR

Re: peacock launches on 16th November on Sky Q but not Glass

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous wrote:

Tad unfair this on Glass customers, Peacock launches on the 16th November on Sky Q but not Glass. It will arrive in the early new year for Glass customers. 

I understand that BT Sport App will launch on the same date, but again only on Q. 

Peacock will not launch as an App but within the On demand section. BT Sport is an APP. 

The ETA for Peacock on Glass is by Christmas.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Glass - No Puck
Topic Author

Christmas/Early New year - potentially 7 days difference then 

Topic Author

@Anonymous don't hold your breath for a high quality service as currently in the USA it is only available in SDR. No 4K, HDR or Dolby Atmos - unless Sky have something up their sleeve. 

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

@Anonymous  Do you mind me asking where this information has come from? Thank you

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Jayboy1990 although technically still embargoed the information is correct according to our Sky sources. Glass will lag a bit on getting the new content with a role out due before Christmas - Sky has always frozen all upgrades over Christmas for a couple of weeks and I assume that wont change this year..

Suspect they are busy sorting some of the early issues  which is taking priority over new apps. . 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by biatch28 This message was authored by: biatch28

Where did you see this sky would put a press release out if they were planning on dropping peacock tomorrow and I got told we are getting an app  it states on the internet  brian roberts said sky q and sky ticket sky + and glass etc will get an app  ad supported service which is premium   I think it's on a trial like discovery plus 12 months free then you pay if you want to keep it  coz it says its free sort of  not exactly free  well  dana strong hasn't mentioned anything it says mid November  🙈

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

@Anonymous  Have you managed to find the source yet? You posted the information then never followed up. 

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Plenty of Apple tech
This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

@Jayboy1990 wrote:

@Anonymous  Have you managed to find the source yet? You posted the information then never followed up. 

Sky have confirmed this date is correct (and that the launch on Glass is delayed slightly) in a private section of the forum.

This message was authored by Ramanujan1729 This message was authored by: Ramanujan1729

Peacock content will still be available on Sky Go though, is that right? (I know it's not the same as watching on a big screen)

Not that I mind waiting for peacock on Glass, I don't think there will be much on it I'd watch, and I'd rather them focus on getting bug fixes sorted first. I'm not complaining, happy with Glass, just it will be better when everything works as it should, I'm happy to wait patiently. 👍 

Sky Glass 65”
This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

@Ramanujan1729 wrote:

Peacock content will still be available on Sky Go though, is that right? (I know it's not the same as watching on a big screen)

Not that I mind waiting for peacock on Glass, I don't think there will be much on it I'd watch, and I'd rather them focus on getting bug fixes sorted first. I'm not complaining, happy with Glass, just it will be better when everything works as it should, I'm happy to wait patiently. 👍 

Yep, it'll be available via Sky Go as well.

This message was authored by benwho This message was authored by: benwho

I hope its on sky glass tomorrow.  Every article I've read says it will  be . 

Ben

What article you referring to? @benwho 

Plenty of Apple tech

On different news reports . I've read several like the express for example.  Saying its sky q glass and now TV tomorrow  . 

Ben

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion