Discussion topic: Sky Go blurry picture

This message was authored by Powerhoofer This message was authored by: Powerhoofer

Sky Go blurry picture

I have very poor picture quality on sky go. Intermitent blurry pictures but constantly bad. I have good download speeds with windows 10 and I've reinstalled many times. any ideas what the problem might be and how I might fix it. Sky technical team have told me it is blurry get used to it there is nothing more they can do. Flipping marvellous. A very poor service indeed. I believe it to be the out dated silverlight software . They need to upgrade the whole thing. It's makes me wonder whether sky are doing this intentionally so more people subscribe to the real deal instead of piggy backing off friends and fammily which incidentally my mother pays for . I am sick and tired of this poor qulaity service offered by sky that never works properly. Your views please .

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by KL30 This message was authored by: KL30

Re: Sky Go blurry picture

I have exactly the same problem. I think the problem is with the Sky Go app that you have to run in order to watch on a PC - I never had this problem with picture blurring before the app came along and I always get a perfect picture on BT Sport.

This message was authored by Sod+U+Sky This message was authored by: Sod+U+Sky

I think it is typical of the SKY attitiude to its customers at the moment. As long as they get the money they do not give a toss. Sad really, when my contract ends next I will look for an alternative.

This message was authored by caramel865 This message was authored by: caramel865

I'm paying over £80 a month, I've been stuck in Spain for 3 months, the golf is back on and I get a crap blurry picture on skygo... again. BT, Amazon picture is perfect. Sky is crap. I'll probably get a better picture on some dodgy app.

This message was authored by KL30 This message was authored by: KL30

It is very unsatisfactory for Sky to say get used to the blurry picture and nothing they can do about this. It was perfect before the Sky Go app came along, we didn't ask for it and the picture and sound also often goes after 20 minutes, forcing you to run the app again before you can resume watching the match.  And Sky still have nothing like BT Sports's enhanced player which allows you to re-run the whole match at any time during its live transmission.

This message was authored by caramel865 This message was authored by: caramel865

Their attention to customer satisfaction is is about as good as Michael O'Leary's. 

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @caramel865 @KL30 

Thanks for your posts.

What devices are you both using when you get the picture issues on Sky Go?

Does any message appear when it happens?

And are you using Wifi or 4g?

Let me know and i will help anyway i can.

Thanks
Tom

Hi Tom,

I'm using a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. I have fibre optic broadband, and still experience blurring even when the laptop is connected to the router by cable.

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @caramel865 

Thanks for your reply.

Have you tried fully un-installing the app then re-installing?

Uninstall the app then delete the Sky Go folder from Users/AppData.

Once you've done that, reboot your laptop and install the app again.

Also, do you get the same issue if you try the app on your phone?

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks
Tom

So far so good Tom. I've had the golf on for a few hours with no issues. I've reinstalled previously but this time I rebooted the laptop in between uninstalling & reinstalling. So thanks very much.

Ah. It's gone crap again. Guess I'll have to uninstall & reinstall every time I want to watch live sport. Thanks Sky, really great job.

And thanks for trying Tom.

This message was authored by Amazonandbt This message was authored by: Amazonandbt

I have 2 top spec laptops.  Neither of them like the sky go app.  Blurry quite often.  And it occasionally just stops.  Like people have said on this post,  my firestick is fantastic.  Bt App is great as well.  After trying the suggestions as well,  I think it's safe to say,  Sky, unfortunately, is just poor when it comes to streaming on all devices. I would like to try mirroring my sky go app off my phone onto the tv.... nope.... hold on..... sky won't let you do that.  Only really kept sky because of the sky+ box and recording facilities.  We only watch catch up now so struggling to think of a good reason to stay.  

I recently followed Tom's advice to uninstall skygo, reboot the laptop, and reinstall. It works for a while, but sometimes I have to do it again. The key factor seems to be to reboot the computer.

This message was authored by Sod+U+Sky This message was authored by: Sod+U+Sky

So SKY what is the sky go app doing to our computers to make rebooting on a regular basis a requirement for using sky go?

This message was authored by Tedney35 This message was authored by: Tedney35

Hi Tom.

OSX 10.14.6

60mpbs download speed

All other streaming apps work fine.

SkyGo is atrocious. Not here to throw insults, I would just like it to work.

Plese don't say reinstall as I've tried this before. It makes no differnce. And yes I've tried different locations for the app/cleaned old install data etc.

I look forward to a fix. All the best and stay safe.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion