Discussion topic: Apple iPhone User? Ported a Number to Sky?

This message was authored by orekav This message was authored by: orekav

Re: Apple iPhone User? Ported a Number to Sky?

I am having the same issue. I was able to receive calls while I held my 'temporal sky number' but since the migration on Tuesday I am not able to receive incoming calls!

I am still waiting

This message was authored by Vicki2982 This message was authored by: Vicki2982

Trying contacting the help on here (little blue bubble).... they were amazing and resolved it quickly for me. Good luck and hope you get sorted.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@orekav wrote:

I am having the same issue. I was able to receive calls while I held my 'temporal sky number' but since the migration on Tuesday I am not able to receive incoming calls!

I am still waiting

Have you checked that your phone itself is now displaying the correct number as per the post at the top of the page from @Chloe-W22 ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by orekav This message was authored by: orekav

I have tried with 2 Android phones. With different sims they receive calls, with Sky's it does not receive calls since the migration from GIffGaff.
So, since Tuesday I cannot receive any call, Unbelievable.

I have escalated your post to Sky who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue bubble which will appear on the right handside of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Get-Started/Community-Messaging/m-p/3378405

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by StephFet This message was authored by: StephFet

I'm havig the same issue - my old sim no longer works - my new sim is sill the sky number - i have tried typing my own number and turning my phone on and off but it reverts back to the sky nummber. Help please as can't receive anything without itbeing my number?

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

If the new sim is still the sky mobile number, it sounds like your number port isnt coplete yet?

Have you had confirmation of the port completing?

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by StephFet This message was authored by: StephFet

Yes I had it by email. Then when I put my sky sim into my phone (asy old sim stopped working for signal) I then received another email to say all setup for my new number with sky

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

I will escalate this to our community chat for you. Please look out for an email or blue chat bubble.

We look forward to speaking to you.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by MrsJAG This message was authored by: MrsJAG

This didn't help. 

This message was authored by JDmusicmaker This message was authored by: JDmusicmaker

I've got a replacement sim because I couldn't send SMS texts. The replacement is activated with the correct number in all the settings & I've rebooted the phone 3/4 times now. Sent an iMessage ok but still can't send sms messages, they keep saying undelivered. I've reloaded the sky profile as well. What can I do now please? I'm beginning to wish I hadn't moved to Sky mobile.

This message was authored by Teegan This message was authored by: Teegan

I have used my PAC code provided by my previous mobile service to update my phone number. Relieved a text message (on my old phone) that confirmed my number would be updated by today. 
I am still using the number provided by my SKYsim, I have tried adding my old number as per the message, and then turning my phone off but once back on, it shows my SKY number still. 

Has Skly told you that the transfer has now been done as it might not have happened yet ?

This message was authored by JDmusicmaker This message was authored by: JDmusicmaker

Hi thanks for all replies. I'd already manually changed the number in my phone and restarted it. Ended up taking out the sim card and putting it back in again and rebooting my phone and that worked. 

This message was authored by BluenoteS This message was authored by: BluenoteS

I have poerted my number across from Vodafone to Sky. Got the relevant messages over the last day or two informing me what was going on. Got final "your ported number now works" but it doesn't. Neither that or the SIM card number. I need this phone for work. I've followed the steps off here a few times, to no avail. I don't see the blue help thing though. Can anyone give me any advice, please?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion