Discussion topic: Apple iPhone User? Ported a Number to Sky?

This message was authored by Dannielle91 This message was authored by: Dannielle91

Re: Apple iPhone User? Ported a Number to Sky?

It won't let me change it keeps reverting back to the sky number even after rebooting 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I have escalated your post to Sky who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have now sent an invite to chat 🙂 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by MelJ This message was authored by: MelJ

I have this same issue.  Been told my number has ported across from Vodafone and now working on Sky, but the number is the temp number in phone, and won't save to my number?  I've done all the suggested things and it's still not working.

@MelJ 

I have escalated your post to Sky who will be in touch with you sometime tomorrow regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by terry19821990 This message was authored by: terry19821990

I have this issue my number has ported i can make and recieve calls and i message but not texts, when i go into the phone section it shows the original sky mobile number not the one i want to keep, when i try and save my number it doesnt save it goes back to the sky mobile number the phone came with

@terry19821990 

Did Sky tell you that your number had been ported successfully ?

This message was authored by MelJ This message was authored by: MelJ

Thank you, it's all sorted now, after turning device on and off quite a few times and changing mobile number, quite a few times.  Thank you for responding. 

This message was authored by JM66 This message was authored by: JM66

I have the same issue, transferred from O2 to Sky and ported number. Confirmation from both sides that number has ported but still showing the new Sky sim number. Have spoken to Sky at length on the phone who in the end said to contact Apple, not sure how this would help ?

It's extremely frustrating and we need to get the mumber changed asap Tried all scenarios, changing number, saving it, turning phone on and off, turning off imessage and back on etc.....nothing is working.

Please can someone help 😞

@JM66 

I have escalated your post to Sky who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This message was authored by JM66 This message was authored by: JM66

I have now sorted this issue by turning off iMessage, turning off sms message, shutting the phone down and restarting and turning them both back on, hey presto the number is now appearing  👍

This message was authored by Flossy2696 This message was authored by: Flossy2696

I've ported my number across from Tesco /O2 to sky , my Tesco sim no longer works can't sent texts/call/can't use data . I can send texts on the new sky sim but all reply's go to the old sim on Tesco which I can't reply from it's clearly the same number as people have said they are getting texts from my correct number and not my temp one but I'm getting no reply's to my phone at all 

Have you followed the advice back in the first post to make sure your number is correct on your phone itself ?

This message was authored by Flossy2696 This message was authored by: Flossy2696

@caesarome 

yes I've checked and it's correct and I've also tried the sim in another phone and switched box phones on and off for ten seconds and restarted them 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion