Discussion topic: Apple iPhone User? Ported a Number to Sky?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Apple iPhone User? Ported a Number to Sky?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Flossy2696 

I have escalated your post to Sky who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Flossy2696 This message was authored by: Flossy2696

Thank you ! I'll wait for that to appear 

This message was authored by Sarahj820 This message was authored by: Sarahj820

I really wish I had read this thread before signing up to sky mobile. My new phone arrived last week, had emails to say my number had been ported and can't receive calls or texts. 
I've contacted them several times, they supposedly have sent out two replacement sims and both have conveniently not arrived. I've been without a working phone for a week now. I can't do my online food shopping or access any of my work apps because they need to verify via text message.  Sky just keep telling me they will send out another sim and it will arrive the next day. 

This message was authored by Flossy2696 This message was authored by: Flossy2696

I've kept screenshots of my messages with them as back up , I have the same issue can't recive calls or texts .... highly annoying I've ordered another sim let's see if it shows up if it does I'll be keeping the number thats on that one 

This message was authored by JM66 This message was authored by: JM66

@Sarahj820

trybtgus, I spent a frustrating week trying everything everyone suggested and this eventually  worked. 
I have now sorted this issue by turning off iMessage, turning off sms message, shutting the phone down and restarting and turning them both back on

you then need to go to messages and see if your old number appears. 

I'll try this again I think ! Thank you 

This message was authored by Harriet9 This message was authored by: Harriet9

Hello,

Does anyone have a solution for this with Android phones? I've had confirmation that my number has successfully moved however when i send message over WiFi/Internet, it sends on the Sky number i was initially given. I've tried resetting my phone since my old number was sent across, i've also looked all through my settings to check the number stored in there and i can't see anything that relates.

Thanks.

Have you looked in your phone's settings to make sure the number is correct and also checked that whatever app you are using to send these messages is also displaying the correct number ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Harriet9 This message was authored by: Harriet9

Yes, i've tried updating the number and it looks like it's the SMSC number which is incorrect, but there's no option to update it on my end (as it's greyed out). I've been in touch with Samsung to find a work around this and after exhausting all options i've been told to go back to Sky to get this sorted as it looks like the issue is from that side.

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

This message was authored by Mohammad01 This message was authored by: Mohammad01

hey so i just transferred my sim to sky mobile from o2 and I've kept the same number and i have received the necessary text messages and emails to confirm the porting however i still am not able to receive calls from other people but i can make them could you help me please.

As you are posted here I presume you have n iphone, if so have you do what is in the first post and checked that your phone itself is now showing the correct number and not the one that came with the Sky sim ?

This message was authored by colza99 This message was authored by: colza99

Ported over from vodaphone 2 daus ago, had a message last night saying it was complete, however phone still not working properly.

Wont let me save the new phone nr in settings, my phone nr

This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

I have escalated your post to Sky, please keep and eye out for a blue chat bubble that will appear when an adviser invites you for a chat 🙂

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you @colza99. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion