Discussion topic: Apple iPhone User? Ported a Number to Sky?

This message was authored by arehrlich1 This message was authored by: arehrlich1

Re: Apple iPhone User? Ported a Number to Sky?

The phone number is showing as transfered form old provider and phone correct in setting but no signal and ability to call send messages.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, you can use our online Device Support to diagnose and fix many issues. Give that a try. 

https://www.sky.com/help/devicesupport/

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Lydia81 This message was authored by: Lydia81

Hi,

I swapped from Vodafone to Sky on the 5th March and was told my number would be transferred by the 6th March. I still have my Sky number on my new iPhone and my old number hasn't been transferred across. I've tried changing my phone number in the iPhone settings but it doesn't save over the new Sky number.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have Sky said that your number has transfered, if not give them a call so they can investigate this for you. 150 is the free number to use to call them on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

When you process a number port on a weekend, the process will only begin at 8am on the next working day. It takes 48 hours to transfer, so it will only have been processed yesterday

morning @Lydia81. So keep an eye out for it tomorrow morning it should be completed. 

this should explain more about porting numbers. 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-mobile-keep-your-number

Thanks

This message was authored by Russell1006 This message was authored by: Russell1006

We have ported my daughters phone but the number in "My Number " cannot be changed, even folllowing all the suggestions on line it remains as the original sky sim number. All features except FaceTime seem to work okay but when you use FaceTime it shows her ICloud information instead of her phone number. Can you help?

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I will escalate this to our community chat for you Russell1006. Please look out for an email or chat bubble. We look forward to speaking to you 

Thanks

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

This message was authored by Vicki2982 This message was authored by: Vicki2982

How can I stop getting notifications that someone has commented on this post?! 

You should be able to stop them via your account settings here;

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Hi @Vicki2982  go to page one of the thread then there is an options tab above the first post, unsubscribe in there. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by Emma2407 This message was authored by: Emma2407

I have tried all of the suggestions and although I have had confimration from Sky that my number has been transferred across from GiffGaff, I am not getting texts and my number wont validate for imessage. I am now trying to reset phone by logging out of my appleid and then logging back in, but cant log back in until I get home as I need the verification code off of my ipad as my phone wont receive texts 😞

I have also just tried calling my mobile number from a landline and it doesnt ring, it just goes straight to voicemail or gives a missed call message on screen. 

This message was authored by Nicole2033 This message was authored by: Nicole2033

I am having the same issue. Received messages from both sky and o2 saying my number has switched over but the old one is still being displayed. I tried changing and saving but it automatically reverts back. I've tried turning the phone on and off but that doesn't work. I've also tried having text messages being sent to the sky number and that doesn't work so I can't get messages at all.

Have you called Sky today about this @Nicole2033 as sometimes despite you being sent a message saying the number has been transferred it might not have completely moved across.

This message was authored by Nicole2033 This message was authored by: Nicole2033

No not yet as I'm not in the UK at the moment but will call if it's not sorted by the time I get back.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion