Discussion topic: Apple iPhone User? Ported a Number to Sky?

This message was authored by JDean This message was authored by: JDean

Re: Apple iPhone User? Ported a Number to Sky?

Hi, I have recently transferred phone numbers due to getting a new phone with sky. My number was transferred today for everything (iMessage, FaceTime) however when going into the setting for phone the displayed number is not the correct one but is still the number that came with the original sim. I have tried changing it and turning the phone off etc, however nothing will work and the number I type in won't save and will revert back to the other number straight away. All calls work on my number fine it's just the displayed number that is incorrect. Please help as I'm not sure if this will cause a problem in the future

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JDean 

Have you also contacted Sky so they can check that the numer transfered has actually been complated, 150 is the free nuber to use to call them on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I will escalate this to our community chat for you. Please look out for an email or chat bubble. We look forward to speaking to you 🙂 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - Spoken to JDean and after a few steps the issue has been resolved. 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by coachdriver1966 This message was authored by: coachdriver1966

hi my number was due to move over yesterday but appears not to have. had an email saying it had but still using temporary number tried turning on/ off changing number in settings( but wont let me ) moving from bt

@coachdriver1966 

Give Sky a call from your mobile on the free 150 (just that) phone number so they can look into this for you,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by coachdriver1966 This message was authored by: coachdriver1966

Hi thanks for your help called yesterday but still not resolved as of yet by tech team

Finally resolved 3 days later after 3 calls today

sky had ported my number to my ipad sim in error no apologies for the error not  very impressed am assured there won't be a billing problem as have had to swap sim time will tell

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

I have a free Sky SIM arriving soon as part of a retention deal, however my current contract with 3 doesn't end for another 2 months. I wish to port my number to Sky at that time so would I need to activate the Sim when I receive it then port the number in late June or early July or await activation until I'm ready to port the number?

Thanks.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.

@twilight+princess wrote:

however my contract doesn't end for another 2 months.

Is this a contract with another provider ?

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

Yes, currently with 3.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.

As your sim plan is free (I presume this is what you mean) then you can activate it now and can use the pac code whenever you want as it doesn't matter when you do this as the number will then transfer over on the next working day, so not on a Saturday or Sunday.

Yes, free for 12 months (unlimited texts, calls & 2Gb of data). I was considering moving to Sky anyway when the 3 contract was up.

Thanks @caesarome that's answered my question.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
This message was authored by UKCodemonkey This message was authored by: UKCodemonkey

Hi, I ported from Virgin to Sky and kept my number. I'm seeing this problem with my iPhone - it has the Sky Number and not the number I kept from Virgin Mobile. When I phone people they see my number correctly and I receive calls to the number - SMS also works. I can't use my number with iMessage/Facetime as it's the incorrect number.

Following the steps to change the number doesn't work. When I hit save and it goes to the previous page, it has the old number in. I've put a different SIM in this phone and it shows that SIM's number correctly, but when I put the SKY SIM back in, it shows the SKY number incorrectly again. It looks like a common problem with porting for SKY 😞

@UKCodemonkey wrote:

When I hit save and it goes to the previous page,😞

Have you spoken to Sky support about this, the call will be free on the 150 phone number.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion