Discussion topic: Apple iPhone User? Ported a Number to Sky?

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Apple iPhone User? Ported a Number to Sky?

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I will escalate this to our community chat for you. Please look out for an email or chat bubble. We look forward to speaking to you

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - After a private chat with @UKCodemonkey a replacement sim has been ordered to resolve the issue

This message was authored by Denzil2301 This message was authored by: Denzil2301

Hi there every one how long does it take to port my number over to sky as it was ment to be yesterday but thay said today but not heard anythink any help please 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If it is going to take place today then it can happen at anytime. You will know when this has happened as you sim from your previous network will stop working so when this happens you then need to start using your Sky sim.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by CMainprize16 This message was authored by: CMainprize16

Hi Guys,

I am having tons of issues with this.

Received my new phone on Sunday 29th May. Entered PAC code that day as well to transfer my number from old provider to new provider.

Received a text from Sky in the middle of Monday to say the transfer was complete and my number could be used as normal. Upon people trying to call me, we discovered that 90% od people who call me on my normal number dont get through, and get a "This person cannot take your call" error. I have been troubleshooting this with sky all day and still no further.

Steps we have tried;

Settings, Phone, My Number - Changing this to the phone number I have ported across does not work and this setting simply reverts back to the sky temporary number. Tried this after a restart as well with no joy

Settings, ICloud - Look to change number inside here and it does not work and will not let me change this number either. When attempting to change this number to my  normal ported number  - I get the error code "Phone number already in use with another account" - No joy.

Tried turning IMessage off, and Facetime off, and signing out of ICloud, restarting device after 10 minutes, resigning in. NUmber still worng and unable to update it.

Any help would be appreciated as im getting more and more frustrated with how many phone calls im missing from people

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Hi @CMainprize16  if this was me I would try a factory reset and set the phone up again from scratch. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by CMainprize16 This message was authored by: CMainprize16

Will try that now - just going through the motions of the reset

So - Reset to factory seemed to fix the problem, however ive basically lost my Apple ID because it had synced with the sky temporary number i had been given and couldnt be changed due to the problems I was having. So quite frustrated as ive lost access to pictures and things unless I can go through account recovery and get the stuff back somehow, but the original issue did fix itself

This message was authored by Wazek This message was authored by: Wazek

Solution does not work. Iphone restarts and defaults to old number.

help files on website do not solve it.

options to get direct support on website seem to be missing. How not convenient.

does anyone have a solution?

This message was authored by UKCodemonkey This message was authored by: UKCodemonkey

Getting a replacement SIM fixed it for me

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I will escalate this to our community chat for you. Please look out for an email or chat bubble. We look forward to speaking to you 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you Wazek. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by TS1986 This message was authored by: TS1986

I've tried going into phone and changing the number but it will not save my number. I've also tried doing it and turning my phone off. 
mad of now I can not send any iMessages or FaceTime. 

I have received a text and email saying that my number has swapped over. 

Thanks

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@TS1986 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to 24 hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat 🙂 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion