Discussion topic: Missed payment

This message was authored by Lucy103 This message was authored by: Lucy103

Missed payment

Hi, 

Just got a notification from my bank saying a payment has been refused due to insufficient funds in my account, will you try and take these funds again or do I need to make the payment online? 

thanks 

Lucy 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Missed payment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If the payment is paid via a direct debit then Sky will try again in 10 days time so do not make a manual payment yourself as it will not stop Sky from doing this.

Btw, this is a customer helps customer forum so you are not talking to Sky by posting here.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Missed payment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lucy103 
The billing process applies to all and is as follows:-

If you have a Direct Debit set up and the payment fails on the normal payment date Sky will automatically attempt it again 10 calendar days later (so don’t be tempted to make a manual payment in this period).

After 10 days, if that second attempt also fails Sky may send a text and/or email notifying you that your payment has failed again and you then have a day or two before they restrict your services.

If you have a Continuous Card payment method set up, if the payment fails Sky send the text/email notification about the failed payment and you usually have at best 2/3 days before being restricted. There is no grace period and only 1 attempt is made for a card payment, so if this has failed, you will need to pay manually and then reset the payment method for next month.

Restrictions are an automated process and we’ve been told Customer Service agents can’t stop it… even if you’re told otherwise.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion