Discussion topic: Problems activating iMessage

This message was authored by paulfoxy This message was authored by: paulfoxy

Problems activating iMessage

Hi

can anyone help

i can not get sky mobile to activate my iMessage for my phone . The email address is added with no problem then I get an error message regarding the number being added.

I have spoken to Apple who have said that it's because Sky have not allowed me to send international text messages however sky says it is activated .

I have been through other posts and done all the things suggested such as forming off iMessage and rebooting , deleting the number from iCloud and reading it , resting my network settings.

before I give up and just send it back can anyone help.

I am using a iPhone 14 pro max with all firmware updated and I have updated the carrier settings

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Problems activating iMessage

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I'm not sure if you tried this as I know this has worked for others:

Go to Settings and click on you Name (Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchases), then click on Name, Phone Number, Email. Once through to there, if your phone number is displayed delete it, restart your phone, go back to the same place and then re add your number.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
paulfoxy
Topic Author

Thanks for your reply  yes I have done this without any luck

paulfoxy
Topic Author

iMessage activation new iPhone

Hi

can anyone help

i can not get sky mobile to activate my iMessage for my phone . The email address is added with no problem then I get an error message regarding the phone number being added.

I have spoken to Apple who have said that it's because Sky have not allowed me to send international text messages however sky says it is activated .

I have been through other posts and done all the things suggested such as turning off iMessage and rebooting , deleting the number from iCloud and re adding it , resetting  my network settings.

sky are not being helpful at all about this.

before I give up and just send it back can anyone help.

I am using a iPhone 14 pro max with all firmware updated and I have updated the carrier settings

This message was authored by j95 This message was authored by: j95

Hi there

I have the same problem re activating iMessage - did you resolve this please?

This message was authored by SharonTyl This message was authored by: SharonTyl

Hi I have exactly the same issue anyone got this resolved ?

This message was authored by M1ckyMcG This message was authored by: M1ckyMcG

Me too. Spoke with Apple and they said it was a provider problem. Got in touch with sky and they couldnt fix it it. Im now on the merry go round. 

This message was authored by Bubbles7 This message was authored by: Bubbles7

@M1ckyMcG  me too.  I can't believe SKY are getting away with this - it looks like it's been going on for years.  I've complained but even that process seems laborious and to date, they've not given me anything useful other than to say it's a device problem, which is clearly isn't.

This message was authored by AmGood This message was authored by: AmGood

Hello,

I HAD the same problem.  It eventually appeared to resolved itself.

HOWEVER.

I also had other problems which took me a long time to resolve.  And it is possible that in resolving my other problems, the WhatsApp issue got resolved as a consequence.

Some things that I learned along the way.

- It seems that to activate WhatsApp there is an exchange of 'text' messages between Apple and 'your' iPhone.  Which is perhaps why both Apple and Sky (in this case) each say it is not their fault. If that exchange fails, WhatsApp doesn't activate.

- Speaking to certain of the Call Centres is a very! frustrating proccess.  They only have limited knowledge and limited support.  I believe that they also REQUIRED to be 'seen' to try and help every caller.   It means that you have to go through the same protracted process every time you call.  The frustration being that you do so to satisfy the needs of the Call Centre management, not you, the customer.

- To speak to a team with more knoweldge and access to more technical resources, I called at odd times.  Early in the morniing or late on a Sunday afternoon etc.  

- It tooks months of back and forth to eventually have it accpeted that I had legitamate issues.  Once that happened, they were resolved relatively  quickly.

This is a problem which happens to a minority of customers.  But since Sky have many, many customers I think that it must be a sizeable minority.  The problem is not the people you speak to but Sky themselves.  First of all, they should acknowledge that this happens and provide information to those that it happens to.  And after that, they should work with Apple to stop it happening in the first place.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion