Discussion topic: Replacement SIM/esim issues

This message was authored by SK2010 This message was authored by: SK2010

Replacement SIM/esim issues

Hi. Last weekend I activated the sky esim on my iPhone 14 Plus. After 24 hours I realised it was consuming my battery and data and constantly searching for signal. I opted to delete the eSIM, a message on my phone popped up and said something along the lines of "deleting this eSIM will not affect your data or mobile plan etc" once I hit delete it completely deleted the sim data and I've not had signal for over a week. I called sky last Wednesday off my wife's phone to order a new sim, after 6 days it hasn't arrived. I called again yesterday to reorder another one, and now in the my orders tab it says expected delivery Thursday 2nd March - complete. I'm literally going around in circles and the foreign call handlers just don't seem to grasp the situation I'm in. I've just about managed for the last week but to make it worse, I've had a family emergency and can't be contacted unless I'm in WiFi. I'm not at all convinced I will receive the 2nd sim. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Replacement SIM/esim issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Usually a sim will turn up within a few days as they are delivered by Royal Mail so no idea what happened to your first one. I take it the address is correct on your account because if it is you are in limbo until the sim turns up.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Rastrolex This message was authored by: Rastrolex

Re: Replacement SIM/esim issues

I use an eSIM and's not having issues with the battery due to the eSIM but as you've deleted it can you not install it again?

I have the option in my sky account online under manage sim. 

i have 2 esims active in my 14 Pro no issues so try another install. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion