Discussion topic: Unable to Use Mobile Data (New Thread)

rainy10
Topic Author
This message was authored by rainy10 This message was authored by: rainy10

Re: Unable to Use Mobile Data (New Thread)

Lisa My issue is fixed - see my latest post. Is this another example of a sky employee not reading material properly to understand a problem? This pattern has been a constant headache for me throughout this entire process.

To be clear - My issue is fixed, others still appear not to be in the same position

This message was authored by Tr4c3y This message was authored by: Tr4c3y

Tried calling someone earlier who was suppose to call me back in 2 minutes. 3 hours later I am still waiting. Now on this chat thing and I am loosing the will to live 🤦‍♀️

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: Cannot use mobile data

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @cloudysky , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Lelc This message was authored by: Lelc

I'm having the same issues.  I tried calling my mum's landline from my mobile and it's not connecting.  I call from my husband's phone (Giffgaff) and connects no problem.  Bizarrely I can call his mobile from my mobile though 🤷‍♀️.  

This message was authored by Tr4c3y This message was authored by: Tr4c3y

I have spoken to someone who says there is an issue with some numbers. If they contact you via this chat maybe you can get them to check if your number is on this list. Hope that helps 

This message was authored by LRnK This message was authored by: LRnK

Hello, I am unable to access emails ehen using mobile data. Everything else works fine but emails just dont load unless im on wifi. Any recommendations on what to do please? 

This message was authored by cloudysky This message was authored by: cloudysky

Did they say what they did to fix the issue?  I am still struggling.  Spent 3 hours talking to an operative this morning jumping through hoops and have had my issue escalated.  Been told they're checking something but I have been on hold now 45 minutes when they said 'Be back shortly!'  It is so, so frustrating.  I'm glad your issue is fixed though! 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @LRnK  I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @Lelc , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Thanks

This message was authored by Tori80 This message was authored by: Tori80

Network issues again!

This is getting tiring now. Since the original mass downtime on the 11th April our mobile data has been hit and miss. I am receiving texts saying that they will update but the problem is definitely not fully resolved. 

I have not been at home since yesterday so I am not using the usual mast and yet I have still had interrupted Internet constantly meaning this is not a local issue.

I switched my sim to an eSim last week as was told it may be the sim card, it hasn't worked. I have done resets, phone resets, setting resets, factory resets. Nothing works, it's not just my phone my husband and daughter are having the same issues. 

When you search it says the network if fine. I'm normally tolerant and accept that technical issues arrive but when you're being told there isn't one and yet people are still stating they have issues that's just poor customer service. 

Please can you release some sort of announcement telling the customers still experiencing issues what's happening and stop stating its solved as it clearly isn't. 

I don't want to leave Sky but can not continue with these issues for much longer. 

This message was authored by cloudysky This message was authored by: cloudysky

I have spoken to the escalation team and they tell me my issue is part of the ongoing tech difficulties and to expect reconnection with 24 hours, and if not to get in touch again.  So now the wait begins.  I will message back with a 'hooray!' or a big sigh in due course! 

Thank you for your information @rainy10   It helped me to realise I wasn't going mad!
This message was authored by carolyntc This message was authored by: carolyntc

How do we get our number added to this 'list' of numbers not working ?? Instant messaging is getting me no where and I need my data sorted by the weekend as I go away . As a customer of sky for 26 years not at all impressed and already started looking elsewhere 

This message was authored by Yorkdavidc This message was authored by: Yorkdavidc

No text or data since 11 April 2024

ive been without text or data since the 11th april. Wifi calling does not work. Ive tried all the self help topics. Ive read through all the community posts and understand there is a list of numbers that are manually being fixed. How do i get my number fixed?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@carolyntc @Yorkdavidc 

I have escalated your posts to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you sometime tomorrow morning regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear tomorrow you will have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.
This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Gazmarch This message was authored by: Gazmarch

I, along with my wife, son and daughter (4 devices) have been having the same issues many other people seem to be having, despite having strong signal and 4g logo showing I frequently cannot connect to the Internet which is incredibly frustrating, not a clue what to do and I know I cannot face hours on the phone to Sky.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion