Discussion topic: Unable to Use Mobile Data (New Thread)

This message was authored by cloudysky This message was authored by: cloudysky

Re: Unable to Use Mobile Data (New Thread)

Edited to say that I know have my data availability back.  I was told 24 hours eta, but it was only 2 hours after I got off the chat with the escalation team.  I spent a frustrating 3 hours this morning with the ordinary team going through every check imaginable - some duplicated - like turn on and off the flight mode, which helped not a sausage.  I spoke to the escalation team this afternoon and it took them several hours to sort, although much of that time was waiting for replies from technicians 'in the field' who had to check if my mobile number had been affected by recent issues with regard to data access.   I work from home and am self-employed so I could use the time not waiting to good advantage, but a bit difficult if you have a day job where you have to be present. 
All in all I'm glad it's fixed - mine was a technical problem at Sky's end of matters. 

This message was authored by Rw8919 This message was authored by: Rw8919

Same issue...still going on 3 weeks later! Very frustrating after speaking to numerous people, trying every option when they bloody know its an issue and nothing to do with my phone settings! I was told someone would call me within 5-7 days....yep still not been contacted and my phone still cant use mobile data. 

This message was authored by S88gr1 This message was authored by: S88gr1

I am having the same issue, no data for weeks. Can you get hold of the escalation team without having to speak to someone for hours who is going to tell me to reset everything? I've done this already and dont have time for that!

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: No text or data since 11 April 2024

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Yorkdavidc an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by AlexGyl This message was authored by: AlexGyl

I've been unable to access my data for 2-3 weeks now. I work away a lot and finding a wifi area to contact my wife is becoming a problem. I can't seem to sort the problem myself and only seem to get bots to talk to who don't help. I've read here about this being sorted manually. Please can you help? 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @carolyntc an invite to chat.

Thanks

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@S88gr1 @AlexGyl 

I have escalated your posts to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will need to respond to it as soon as you can or it will be closed if there is no response within 48 hours.
This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @S88gr1 an invite to chat.

Thanks

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @AlexGyl an invite to chat.

Thanks

What about me? You've clearly gone through this chat to invite everyone to chat to resolve their issue but not me? 

@Rw8919 

Your post has been escalated as well so look out for the chat bubble.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Rw8919  an invite to chat.

Thanks

Please send another request as I've been waiting for hours for a response and now I can't access the chat 

The chat remains open for 48 hours as per my post to you earlier so it will be there until Thursday morning.

This message was authored by Eoin.1 This message was authored by: Eoin.1

I'm unable to make calls or use mobile data when not connected to WiFi - it's been down for over 24 hours for me now, but has been patchy for the last couple of weeks. Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

Have tried rebooting phone, airplane mode on/off, etc. - all the usual recommendations.

@Lisa-P1987 Would appreciate if this can be escalated please, as I am heading away at the weekend and may not have access to WiFi so need to rely on data.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion