Discussion topic: Unable to Use Mobile Data (New Thread)

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: Unable to Use Mobile Data (New Thread)

Posted by a Sky employee

I will close the other chat and send you a new invite, that should initiate the bubble again. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Rw8919 This message was authored by: Rw8919

@Lisa-P1987 @Tom-W19  I have re read the instructions for the live chat several times now. Yes I initially had the chat, inputted my account number and then from that point I could never see the chat bubble or access the chat. You say you are waiting for my response....but I cannot find anywhere that you've sent me anything. The chat bubble at the bottom of the screen is NEVER there. Is it possible the tech team can call me instead, this is getting silly!!!!

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

We cannot arrange a call for you, unfortunately. 

I have now closed the active chat and I can see you have initiated a new chat.

Thanks

This message was authored by carolyntc This message was authored by: carolyntc

So here is the message I have received from a Sky chat yesterday :

"No worries, this is an issue affecting multiple customers from various networks across the UK, without going into to much details if your issue is part of the same issue, its relating to the uk networks requirements to remove huawei masts and replace them by a certain deadline set by the goverment, resulting in engineers working all over the UK as we speak removing and replacing the masts"

That was yesterday , after chasing today I am told that my issue is the same as many other people are experiencing and there is no resolution available at the moment but the engineers are working around the clock to fix it , my response is that I a, leaving sky and want a refund for 3 weeks without the service paid for . I await a reply . 

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

@carolyntc wrote:

So here is the message I have received from a Sky chat yesterday :

"No worries, this is an issue affecting multiple customers from various networks across the UK, without going into to much details if your issue is part of the same issue, its relating to the uk networks requirements to remove huawei masts and replace them by a certain deadline set by the goverment, resulting in engineers working all over the UK as we speak removing and replacing the masts"

That was yesterday , after chasing today I am told that my issue is the same as many other people are experiencing and there is no resolution available at the moment but the engineers are working around the clock to fix it , my response is that I a, leaving sky and want a refund for 3 weeks without the service paid for . I await a reply . 

Sky uses the O2 network and they're the only network that don't use Huawei equipment! 

https://www.lightreading.com/5g/huawei-avoidance-strategy-is-paying-off-for-uk-s-o2

This message was authored by Tr4c3y This message was authored by: Tr4c3y

Now received my new chip and guess what. It still doesn't work. Phoned them again today and gave them 24 hours to sort it or I will find someone that can give me the service I pay for. 

This message was authored by Natasha.m.b.f This message was authored by: Natasha.m.b.f

I've still not received anything? Im

unable to see the bubble? 

thank you 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Natasha.m.b.f 
Your post has been escalated again and the Messaging Team will hopefully contact you later.

You need to watch out for a post from one of the team inviting you to a private chat and then you should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains what happens.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to Natasha.m.b.f

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by keithandsusanscot This message was authored by: keithandsusanscot

I despair! I reported to Sky several times that I cannot connect to network and consequently cannot send or receive calls or data. After the usual rigmarole of trying this and that with no success they said the would escalate my problem to the mythical " back office" I have had to wait 5 days but with no call. Phoned up Sky who told me they had tried to phone me on my mobile with no answer! Well surprise, surprise! I had already tried to get an answer from them as to how they would contact me if my mobile couldn't receive or send call and gave them my landline number. 

This message was authored by Neil1171 This message was authored by: Neil1171

Hello, I seem to be having the same problem as a lot of other people. My phone says that I have 4G but i cannot access the internet. My voice calls are fine and I can access the internet through the home wifi or other's mobile hotspots. I know it's not just our local mast, as i have been all over the northeast with the same problem.

This message was authored by Neil1171 This message was authored by: Neil1171

I still have no access to data, would it be possible to get some assistance please?

I have tried everything that has been suggested, without any luck.

Many Thanks

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Neil1171 

To see if they can help you I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team should contact you later today. 

You need to watch out for a post from one of the team inviting you to a private chat and then you should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains what happens.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Neil1171  an invite to chat.

Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion