Discussion topic: Sky Door Chime - not syncing

This message was authored by Bakermum92 This message was authored by: Bakermum92

Re: Sky Door Chime - not syncing

Yes I'm still waiting on a reply as well about what I'm meant to do. I haven't tried the rest of the kit, didn't see the point if it's not all working properly. 

This message was authored by Fievel This message was authored by: Fievel

No there isn't!!!

Same issue hrs wasted with something went wrong msg everytime trying sync bell with chime. [content removed] How have they not fixed this!!!! I

Moderator note: language removed

This message was authored by Bakermum92 This message was authored by: Bakermum92

I've just been told there is a bug in the software and the second line tech team are trying to fix it. So it wasn't user error! 

Again??!! Same aa last month ams before then. Please let me know qhw  it might just possibly work

Yes I'll let you know what they do for me. 

This message was authored by RS This message was authored by: RS

Dylan from sky protect was very helpful and sorted out the problem, after suggesting a couple of solutions that didn't work I tried looking at my mobile permissions they weren't all turned on.  Everything worked fine after that. 

Dylan has emailed me but nothing in few hr. Took your advice a give full permissions to the app. See if helps

That's who I've sent over 50 emails to trying to sort it. Yes he's helpful but he hasn't solved this issue and had to escalate. 

This message was authored by RS This message was authored by: RS

Dylan responded to my email I sent at 16:30 yesterday at 08:15 this morning and replied really quickly all day until about 15:30 when I asked how to charge the doorbell- he said to plug it into the chime and turn it off. 

He's helpful, I've been speaking to him via email all week. Hence over 50 emails but he cannot resolve my issue. There is a software issue with the chimes and doorbells, turning it on and off, resetting it, trying different devices, I've done it all with Dylans advice and neither of us could sort it. That's why he escalated it, I've been told by him that the tech team are trying to find a fix as it could effect others. 

This message was authored by NBSUSIE This message was authored by: NBSUSIE

Please could you explain how I turn the 5 Getz off on the router, Sky router?  

This message was authored by spencerdalby1 This message was authored by: spencerdalby1

are you meaning turning off sky 5ghz compatibility and using 2.4ghz only?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NBSUSIE it shouldn't be required to change the wifi set-up on any Sky hub to install the Sky Protect kit AFAIK. However the following instructions will split the bands on the.black Sky hubs Split Sky WiFi bands

The very latest white Wifi Max hub is different and you cannot split the wifi bands. You can only turn off either or both bands in the My Sky app but turning off the 5GHz band will severly reduce speeds. To get Wifi6 to work properly you need both bands on.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The chimne for the video doorbell, plugs into your sky router with an ethernet cable.
The chime does not connect over wifi.
Once the chime is connected you can then move on to pairing your video doorbell to the chime.

Follow the instructions by clicking on + add device for the video doorbell, it will first guide you through setting up the chime via ethernet and once the chime is showing a blue connection light you can then pair the video doorbell to the chime.

None of the Sky protect kit requires any splitting of your router bands.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion