Discussion topic: They never got in touch about my phone

This message was authored by Natalya This message was authored by: Natalya

They never got in touch about my phone

4 weeks ago i rang sky protect because i smashed the glass at the back of my phone ( whole phone in good working order ) i paid £75 for the repair and was told the following "a courior will pick your phone up and give you a replacement phone to use while under repair" i asked if that is the same process when recieving my phone back, i was told yes we will do a doorstop swap again to give your phone back...

4 weeks later ive heard nothing so i ring sky protect to be told my old phone is being used for repairs ?! I was unable to completely transfer anything this this "replacement" phone in the little time i was given ... ive lost half of the stuff off my old phone and i was never informed about the update of my phone as my phone was deemed at "unrepairable" which they was told 4 weeks ago ??? 

saying the phone given to me was because my phone was "unrepairable" which is hard to believe as this phone was given to me BEFORE anyone saw my phone to fix it !! 

so not only was i not informed about the condition and update of my phone youve then scrapped it for repairs without telling me anything and from the beggining telling me ill be getting the phone back ... 

ive lost alot of stuff because of this ... so more liked youve fixed a phone which had no issues to sell it on to someone else and give me a phone with worse battery health as a replacement... and lied about it being unrepairable and lied about getting it back 

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: They never got in touch about my phone

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Natalya wrote:

4 weeks ago i rang sky protect because i smashed the glass at the back of my phone ( whole phone in good working order ) i paid £75 for the repair and was told the following "a courior will pick your phone up and give you a replacement phone to use while under repair" i asked if that is the same process when recieving my phone back, i was told yes we will do a doorstop swap again to give your phone back...

4 weeks later ive heard nothing so i ring sky protect to be told my old phone is being used for repairs ?! I was unable to completely transfer anything this this "replacement" phone in the little time i was given ... ive lost half of the stuff off my old phone and i was never informed about the update of my phone as my phone was deemed at "unrepairable" which they was told 4 weeks ago ??? 

saying the phone given to me was because my phone was "unrepairable" which is hard to believe as this phone was given to me BEFORE anyone saw my phone to fix it !! 

so not only was i not informed about the condition and update of my phone youve then scrapped it for repairs without telling me anything and from the beggining telling me ill be getting the phone back ... 

ive lost alot of stuff because of this ... so more liked youve fixed a phone which had no issues to sell it on to someone else and give me a phone with worse battery health as a replacement... and lied about it being unrepairable and lied about getting it back 

@Natalya Afraid you are not contacting Sky's customer services on here, this is a customer to customer forum where customers help each other.

Was this with Sky Protect from D&G iwhich is device insurance (effectively an extended warranty and accidental damage cover for a few named electronic devices)you would need to  contact Domestic & General regarding this 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Natalya
Topic Author
This message was authored by Natalya This message was authored by: Natalya

I contacted them and could do nothing but tell me this is my replacement so I don't know what else to do apart from make people aware of what they do 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Natalya wrote:

I contacted them and could do nothing but tell me this is my replacement so I don't know what else to do apart from make people aware of what they do 

@Natalya personally i would make a complaint to D&G there must be a complaints procedure through them  

looking at their website use the link below and it explains how to contact them and how to make a complaint 

https://www.skyprotect.com/faq/contact-us

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion