Discussion topic: Annoying press red button to watch in ultra hd message

This message was authored by Tdl70 This message was authored by: Tdl70

Annoying press red button to watch in ultra hd message

So ive got a ULED TV and am paying through the nose to watch sky sports. Every few minutes my picture dims and a "watch in HD ultra" message appears (press red button). This interrupts the flow of the game, dims the picture and is really annoying. In the same way that the Internet has been ruined by cookie preferences. Is this where we are now? I spend thousands on a quality TV and subscription. Shouldn't that be enough to get an uninterrupted viewing experience? Sky.... stop it.... please.

All Replies

This message was authored by nitricnick This message was authored by: nitricnick

Red button constantly popping up

Hi all,

is there any possible way to disable to red button from flashing up on the screen?

im watching football on sky sports and for some strange reason, it's popping up for a few seconds, disappears, then reappears seconds later. It's constantly doing it and it's seriously starting to annoy me.

even if you press back up, it just reappears 10 seconds later, again and again and again. 

is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

thanks in advance

This message was authored by nitricnick This message was authored by: nitricnick

Re: Red button constantly popping up

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Annoying press red button to watch in ultra hd message

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tdl70 wrote:

Sky.... stop it.... please.

@Tdl70 

You are just telling other customers on here, not Sky Customer Services. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @Tdl70   If your screen dims when the red button notice appears, then something is seriously wrong. There should be no change in picture.

This message was authored by Cookiemonster This message was authored by: Cookiemonster

I get the same thing. Press the back button and it disappears for 5 mins and comes back. As you say dims the screen and is highly annoying. Pressing the back button used to get rid of it permanently unless you changed channels but I think something must have changed. Any ideas anyone has would be most welcome. 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

That really doesn't sound right

also - have you tried pressing the red button? What happens then?

This message was authored by free-console.com This message was authored by: free-console.com

It does dim bottom right and is annoying. Sky will do nothing about it though. I get it on my sky q mini boxes and on the main box prompting me to upgrade to ultra HD.

You cannot turn this feature off because Sky want customers to upgrade.

It is spoiling TV and Sky obviously do not care.

I'm seriously thinking of dumping Sky as I feel cheated out of quality viewing.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Oh it does this if you don't have UHD??  Every 5 minutes? That's bad.

This message was authored by free-console.com This message was authored by: free-console.com

The ironic thing is (on my sky q mini box) when I press the red button it fails to load which makes it even more annoying.

20230825_203334.jpg

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

The red button prompts do have a slight background effect that dims quite a lot of the surrounding area. It is only noticeable on bright scenes (which includes most sport).

It is annoying 😒 

Not being able to turn it off is even worse.

Sort it out Sky.

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

A workaround is to pause just for a second then continue. The red button prompts won't appear then. 

I will try that thank you 😊 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion