Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@free-console.com wrote:

20230825_203334.jpg

Can't read the name on that 25 shirt. I recommend you get UHD 😉

This message was authored by Soph This message was authored by: Soph

Re: Red button constantly popping up

Has anyone found a solution yet? 
so annoying! 

This message was authored by free-console.com This message was authored by: free-console.com

Re: Annoying press red button to watch in ultra hd message

That works a treat. Thanks again  👍 

This message was authored by BetterRelieved This message was authored by: BetterRelieved

How to stop “Watch in ultra he and recap” pop up during football

The frequency of the "Watch in ultra hd and recap" pop up has increased significantly this season. Anyone figured out how to stop it. 

I don't have an ultra hd tv and don't want rcap

This message was authored by LuckyLuke121067 This message was authored by: LuckyLuke121067

Seriously annoying now.....

Seriously annoying now....

This message was authored by Tots72 This message was authored by: Tots72

Completely agree It's really frustrating and disappointing the sky haven't  resolved this continual pop and and dimming of the screen. 
couldn't watch the game tonight as i was getting irate at this

glad it's not just me, hoping it is resolved and turned off soon

This message was authored by free-console.com This message was authored by: free-console.com

As mention above, this works as a workaround...

'A workaround is to pause just for a second then continue. The red button prompts won't appear then.'

This message was authored by BetterRelieved This message was authored by: BetterRelieved

Yes that's the frustration thing. I don't have a UHD tv!

Will give it a go during Bournemouth Spurs

It's clearly a Sky marketing ploy, didn't show once on TNT via Sky Box during Bournemouth Spurs.

@free-console 

Pause and play is not working for me during Brighton -West Ham. 

continues to come up every 3 minutes or so. 

have complained to Sky

This message was authored by EmmaMore This message was authored by: EmmaMore

How can I stop the red button recap icon from showing every 2 minutes during a football game?

You used to be able to press back/cancel and the red button "recap" icon would disappear for the entire half, but now the (removed) thing appears every 2 minutes. 

How can I get rid of it permanently?

Moderator notes: removed inappropriate language 

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BetterRelieved wrote:

It's clearly a Sky marketing ploy, didn't show once on TNT via Sky Box during Bournemouth Spurs.

Maybe cause Sky doesn't own TNT 

You either watch in HD or UHD via TNT 

Same with Sky Sports you either watch in HD or UHD I have the UHD subscription but still get the red button 

16930683658274987123432929696301.jpg

16930680662245613102724933606571.jpg

Even get the recap button whilst watching in UHD/HDR 

16930687387768270925737561133401.jpg

Not a ploy really if you have the UHD subscription 

This message was authored by Simpsy2002 This message was authored by: Simpsy2002

I'm sure that the OP knows that he is posting on a forum and not speaking directly to Sky...it's called rhetoric and is usually done to elicit both insightful advice and a little sympathy.....not unhelpful sarcasm. 

This is a major issue for viewers of live sport on Sky and needs immediate rectification (and yes I have already complained directly) . 

In response to another unhelpful previous post......if your television  DOESNT dim when you get this message then you have a serious fault ! 

The workaround suggested is fine and helpful however pausing for a second or two means you are no longer watching live and anybody else watching on another TV in the house will be celebrating a goal before you actually see it. 

This is a ridiculous , unnecessary , pointless and completely avoidable error that needs immediate escalation and resolution ! 

This message was authored by SimonHiscocks This message was authored by: SimonHiscocks

Same issue here (also no Ultra HD TV). It is incredibly distracting and annoying. I too have emailed a complaint to Sky, but interestingly, since I started to do that the message has stopped popping up and hasn't reappeared since.

Either:

1. Someone at Sky has realised what's happening and turned it off 
  2. Someones read the complaint and turned it off
  3. It's on some sort of timer that only comes on for a while
  4. Sky someone's knows I'm annoyed 

All the above are unlikely so I've no idea what's going on.

Anyway it's gone now. Be interesting to see if it reappears in the second half after all the ad breaks.

Wierd.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion