Discussion topic: Annoying press red button to watch in ultra hd message

This message was authored by fcgf This message was authored by: fcgf

Re: Annoying press red button to watch in ultra hd message

They must have upped the frequency for the Brighton West Ham game cause it's the first time it's annoyed me...

Annoyingly I just got a brand new 65 inch 4K tv and took out sky Uhd but my Sky Q box won't work connected directly. Waiting for them to fix it or replace the box. I'll be sure to complain about the pop ups while they are here...

This message was authored by Nunnery2005 This message was authored by: Nunnery2005

Thanks @free-console.com the pause workaround, works a treat!

This message was authored by Grouter This message was authored by: Grouter

How to turn Red button pop up off

How do I stop red button pop ups?

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: How to turn Red button pop up off

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Grouter wrote:

How do I stop red button pop ups?

Hi @Grouter 

Just pause for a couple of seconds whilst watching Live content and then press play.

you will be a couple seconds behind live but no Red Button pop ups.

Dont press the Dismiss button (left of Home button) unless you want to return to live content

This message was authored by RuthieTyler This message was authored by: RuthieTyler

Red button during matches on Sky Q

Does anyone know how to turn the red button notification off during live matches on Sky Q.

I appreciate it's a good feature but it's really annoying having it pop up all the time during a game.

Tdl70
Topic Author
This message was authored by Tdl70 This message was authored by: Tdl70

Re: Red button during matches on Sky Q

I have to now say that apparently I have UHD..... Not sure but I pressed red button, it splits the screen into TV and stats etc. Hit the back arrow button once or twice and it stays in uhd but you get the full screen and no pop ups! A small crumb of comfort for those who don't have UHD - for the record I'm paying £116 a month for TNT, Sky sports and Sky Cinema (but not Sky cinema in uhd - **bleep** me its complicated!!) and I get paramount + BUT P+ doesn't seem to work as I get an error message. Sky clearly have bugs but for what it's worth DO NOT join Virgin as they're terrible in my experience (have to be careful how I word things with that lot!!)

This message was authored by RuthieTyler This message was authored by: RuthieTyler

It ruined the West Ham game.

We've been able to put up with it before but the frequency of the pop up today was ridiculous and totally unnecessary.

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@RuthieTyler wrote:

We've been able to put up with it before but the frequency of the pop up today was ridiculous and totally unnecessary.

Why didn't you follow the suggestion earlier in this thread to pause the live play by 1 second?

I am just another Sky customer!
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@RuthieTyler wrote:

Fair comment @RuthieTyler Sky Red button service opens up a new ball game when you want to watch other football matches playing at the same time and the red button allows you to access the extra matches.

It's not only for UHD or Recap or even to select an on board driver during F1

Some appreciate the red button whilst others obviously don't

This message was authored by BetterRelieved This message was authored by: BetterRelieved

@best+of+the+best 

Good to have the feature for those who want it, but it would be better to have a setting where it can be turned off. 

The frequency every to minutes and lasting for 20-30 seconds is rendering the experience appaulling. 

and, in my case, the pause restart work around does not work. And in any event the subscription is for live sport not one second delayed sport, if I was happy with that I would be streaming!

@Invisiblename we didn't know about this until after the game. We have tried it since and it only works for a short time.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@RuthieTyler wrote:

@Invisiblename we didn't know about this until after the game. We have tried it since and it only works for a short time.

It should work as long as you're still on catchup.

This message was authored by SimonHiscocks This message was authored by: SimonHiscocks

I've had a response from Sky to my complaint about this.

Basically it says, "thanks for your feedback, this is done to "improve the service", and that it "goes away after a while"

I've gone back to them and told them it clearly does not improve the service, and if it ever does go away it comes back after the next ad break.

I've asked for it to be be escalated. 

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

@BetterRelieved wrote:

@best+of+the+best 

Good to have the feature for those who want it, but it would be better to have a setting where it can be turned off. 

The frequency every to minutes and lasting for 20-30 seconds is rendering the experience appaulling. 

and, in my case, the pause restart work around does not work. And in any event the subscription is for live sport not one second delayed sport, if I was happy with that I would be streaming!

The pause workaround should work fine. Red Button prompts can't appear after the live feed has been paused then restarted, so i'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you. Just make sure you pause for a few seconds, if you restart too quickly it may jump back to real time.

This message was authored by RichL74 This message was authored by: RichL74

Watch in Ultra HD & Recap - Every Five Mins

Watching 402, I don't want to watch in ultra HD nor do I want a recap, so why literally every five minutes does it keep coming up in the bottom right? Usually you press back button and it goes away but it's constantly coming back, stays on for about 30 seconds then goes off only to keep coming back.

Is this a fault or can't it just stop nagging me. If I want to watch UHD I will. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion