Discussion topic: Annoying press red button to watch in ultra hd message

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Re: Annoying press red button to watch in ultra hd message

You shouldn't be getting pop-ups after pausing, as the box isn't able to display them on paused or recorded programmes.  Just make sure you pause for a few seconds, if you pause then press play very quickly, it sometimes jumps back to real time. 

This message was authored by Darkhokage This message was authored by: Darkhokage

You need to be pausing for like 5 seconds then pressing pkay. 1 second didn't work for me. But cheers for the tip.

This message was authored by LuckyLuke121067 This message was authored by: LuckyLuke121067

Come on Sky - sort this rubbish out!!

This message was authored by Simon3404 This message was authored by: Simon3404

Pop up messages testing my patience

Why is my viewing experience being ruined by these pop ups???

SKY - hear me loud and clear - stop this ridiculous practice or I am off. You'll get no more money from me regardless of where I am in my 'contract'. 

STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP IT!!!!!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Pop up messages testing my patience

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Simon3404 

You are just ranting at other customers here. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by middlesex1993 This message was authored by: middlesex1993

Why is it that these very annoying pop ups only happen when I am watching a live football match on one of the Sky sports channels.

I am now watching Live US Open Tennis on Sky Sports channel 407 and no pop ups are happening.  Also when I watch BBC or ITV on Sky there are no pop ups. As I say it seems to be just on the Sky Sports channels when I am watching  live football matches. Is that the same for everyone.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Re: Pop up messages testing my patience

@Simon3404 wrote:

Why is my viewing experience being ruined by these pop ups???

SKY - hear me loud and clear - stop this ridiculous practice or I am off. You'll get no more money from me regardless of where I am in my 'contract'. 

STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP IT!!!!!

The solution is simple @Simon3404 the red button is your friend 

1. Select channel 408 

2. Press the red button 

3. Wait for the screen to load

4. Select your football match from the menu

5. It will either say Watch in HD or Watch Live 

6. Select to Watch 

7. When the screen refreshes the match will be full screen 

8. Press the dismiss button <-] to get the side menu 

9. Press dismiss button twice to get to full screen again

Now cause you are watching the match via the red button you shouldn't get any popups 

Let me know how you get on?

This message was authored by middlesex1993 This message was authored by: middlesex1993

I hope someone will answer my recent above post. By the way. Sky Channels 407 and 408 are showing at the moment Live US Open Tennis. No pop ups at all on either channel. . Once again. These annoying pop ups only seem to happen to me when I am watching a live football match on one of the Sky Sports channels.. All other channels including BBC and ITV are good with no pop ups

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@middlesex1993 wrote:

Why is it that these very annoying pop ups only happen when I am watching a live football match on one of the Sky sports channels.

I am now watching Live US Open Tennis on Sky Sports channel 407 and no pop ups are happening.  Also when I watch BBC or ITV on Sky there are no pop ups. As I say it seems to be just on the Sky Sports channels when I am watching  live football matches. Is that the same for everyone.

Try and watch the football via the red button @middlesex1993 

Select channel 408 press the red button once loaded you'll be watching tennis and there should be a side menu 

Select a football match what's going to start soon you should get the option to watch in UHD or Watch Live 

Select Watch when the screen refreshes you should be watching the footie in fullscreen via the red button and no red button popups

I will try again.

I only seem to get these very annoying pop ups when I watch a live football game on one of the Sky Sports channels.

I am now watching live US tennis on Sky channel 407 and no pop ups. Also when  I watch other channels such as BBC and ITV there are no pop ups. Once again. The only time I get pop ups is when I am watching a live football game on one of the Sky Sports channels. Is this the same for everyone.

@middlesex1993 wrote:

I will try again.

I only seem to get these very annoying pop ups when I watch a live football game on one of the Sky Sports channels.

I am now watching live US tennis on Sky channel 407 and no pop ups. Also when  I watch other channels such as BBC and ITV there are no pop ups. Once again. The only time I get pop ups is when I am watching a live football game on one of the Sky Sports channels. Is this the same for everyone.

Again I will answer your question @middlesex1993 Live tennis also has the red button it says " court selection "  Live F1 has red button also

20230901_120626.jpg

It says " Race Control and Recap

Golf also has the red button

20230902_140605.jpg

It says " Golf Choice" Sky Channel 407 is Sky Action try watching Sky Tennis 408 you should get the red button saying " court sele tion"

Like I keep on explaining if you watch the football match Live via the red button then you won't get the red button popups 

How can something so simple be hard to grasp fair enough you might not want to watch in UHD or recap so you press dismiss throughout the entire 90 mins

It's simple just press the red button when it appears and you should be watching the Footie match via the red button.

If you get the side menu and football match showing then you are  watching via the red button.

To watch in full screen press the dismiss button twice <-] if you see the side menu

I can provide screen shots of the steps if you require.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

middlesex1993 - Yeah we know, you posted it three times within 50 minutes. 😉

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Chodley wrote:

Yeah we know, you posted it three times within 50 minutes. 😉

@Chodley 

I agree. I did consider removing the duplicates by @middlesex1993 but left them in to help the flow of the other replies. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Please do accept my sincere apologies..

I do seem to be annoying some posters on this site because I am repeating myself.

I am rather old, and I do find modern technology difficult to deal with at times but I do my very best.

Leaving aside the red button, pausing etc, I still do not understand why the only time I personally get these very annoying pop ups about Ultra HD is when I am watching a live football game on one of the Sky sports channels. As I said I was watching live USA tennis yesterday, on one of the Sky sports channels, on I think channel 407, and no pop ups at all.

Please could someone explain why I only get these pop ups when I am watching live football games and not when I am watching other live sport and also not when I am watching say ordinary television on for example BBC or ITV.

Once again. It is not my intention to annoy anyone as I do enjoy being on this site.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@middlesex1993 wrote:

Please do accept my sincere apologies..

I do seem to be annoying some posters on this site because I am repeating myself.

I am rather old, and I do find modern technology difficult to deal with at times but I do my very best.

Leaving aside the red button, pausing etc, I still do not understand why the only time I personally get these very annoying pop ups about Ultra HD is when I am watching a live football game on one of the Sky sports channels. As I said I was watching live USA tennis yesterday, on one of the Sky sports channels, on I think channel 407, and no pop ups at all.

Please could someone explain why I only get these pop ups when I am watching live football games and not when I am watching other live sport and also not when I am watching say ordinary television on for example BBC or ITV.

Once again. It is not my intention to annoy anyone as I do enjoy being on this site.

I don't think anyone here knows and Sky have said it's a "problem". I personally suspect someone decided they need to push UHD harder to increase ARPU as number of subscribers has been relatively stable for a long time, came up with a marketing campaign to try to introduce some fomo in football audiences, and they've overcooked its level of nagging.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion