Discussion topic: BBC Three HD not working on Sky Q mini boxes

This message was authored by Jacklufcfan This message was authored by: Jacklufcfan

BBC Three HD not working on Sky Q mini boxes

Hi, BBC Three HD (Channel 117) isn't working on my Sky Q mini box - it keeps saying check your subscription to ensure you can watch this channel or something, which is strange considering it's a free to air channel! The SD version (channel 845) is OK though 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Re: BBC Three HD not working on Sky Q mini boxes

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all, our support teams have been working with BBC to get this fixed over the weekend. We've been advised this should be resolved as of late last night, if you're still having an issue try a reset of your box and let us know if you're still having issues.

Thanks,

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by M88ichelle This message was authored by: M88ichelle

BBC3

Hi, when i try to view BBC3 on ch 117 i get this message 'Please check your subscription entitles you to view this channel on this box, otherwise, if you're using this box for the first time, please wait a few minutes, does anyone know why i cannot view it? I have full package including movies and HD and multi room so i cannot understand why i cannot watch it? Ty

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: BBC3

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @M88ichelle 

I have no idea why you would get such a message. 

May I suggest you try a power down restart your main SKY Q box :

Use the remote to place it into standby mode

Then remove the power to it (either switch off at mains or remove the power plug)

Wait at least 30s

Then re-apply the power & wait for it to fully restart - this may take a few minutes.

This message was authored by M88ichelle This message was authored by: M88ichelle

@nigea99 Thank you so much, i will give it a try 🙂

This message was authored by JacByrd This message was authored by: JacByrd

Did it work? I have just received the same message.

J

This message was authored by philip+rowlay This message was authored by: philip+rowlay

I'm also getting  the same message.

No sadly it hasnt worked, i went into my main box/settings and reactivated the 'watch on mini box' it flashed by real fast and i saw a brief message about 'authorising this box' ?? Then it reverted to 'you are set up to watch via mini box' all options on that page are ticked and good to go, but when i go back to my mini box im still getting the blue screen and same message even after reactivating it yet again! So im still not able to view it only on my main box, which doesn't help much as i cannot watch it in any other room

This message was authored by Vxrdilly This message was authored by: Vxrdilly

Yes same for me... recordings display the same message.... pretty useless really... resorted to iPlayer 

This message was authored by who10uk This message was authored by: who10uk

Same error for me in BBC Three HD on Ch 117.

Fortunately SD on Ch 845 is still working!

Looks like a Sky issue. It was working fine last night. Not sure when it stopped.

Jacklufcfan
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jacklufcfan This message was authored by: Jacklufcfan

Mine's doing the same too. 

This message was authored by Godfrey This message was authored by: Godfrey

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Same for me this evening, BBC Three HD using ch 117 on mini reports subscription problem, whilst BBC Three SD is fine on ch 845. All other HD channels on mini seem OK.

Godfrey.

Jacklufcfan
Topic Author

Yeah on mine it's working on the main box, but just not the minis 

Jacklufcfan
Topic Author

I have they have it back up tomorrow in time for the football! (Even though the said match is on Sky Sports as well) 

This message was authored by Vickiluke This message was authored by: Vickiluke

Hi there... mine too 😡 works fine non HD.. 

Jacklufcfan
Topic Author

Yeah hopefully both Sky and the BBC are aware of the issue 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion