Discussion topic: Discovery plus not working

This message was authored by Beckym50 This message was authored by: Beckym50

Discovery plus not working

I have signed up for discovery plus, it said it's free for one year on SkyQ , but it will not let me watch anything just keeps telling me to upgrade to entertainment for £4.99 a month? I have reset my SkyQ box but still doing the same 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by SDR This message was authored by: SDR

Re: Discovery plus not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Beckym50 wrote:

I have signed up for discovery plus, it said it's free for one year on SkyQ , but it will not let me watch anything just keeps telling me to upgrade to entertainment for £4.99 a month? I have reset my SkyQ box but still doing the same 

How did you sign up? Via the Q box? I've just done it and it was complex but doable.

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-tv-apps-on-sky-q/which-app-discovery-plus-sky-q

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Glass - No Puck
Beckym50
Topic Author

Yes I signed up through the SkyQ box 

Beckym50
Topic Author

Got it working, what a farce!!! 

Thank you 

This message was authored by backlead This message was authored by: backlead

Hi body

how did you manage to get it working as I'm having same problem 

thanks Ian 

Beckym50
Topic Author

I had to sign out and restart by pressing microphone on remote and saying add discovery plus then continue the pairing on my laptop instead of my mobile 

This message was authored by warrior432 This message was authored by: warrior432

Have. tried numerous times to sign up this is the most complicated procedure I. Have come across. 

Will no longer bother. more trouble than it is worth. 

This message was authored by backlead This message was authored by: backlead

yea me too

This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

This message was authored by Kingclaw This message was authored by: Kingclaw

What did you do to get it working it keeps asking for me to upgrade I have sky signature

What's me to have entertainment pass 

Good old sky makes things hard again 

Beckym50
Topic Author

Sign out of discovery plus and use the link from dazzasky (previous reply), but do it on a laptop or PC, it would not work when I tried to do it on my mobile 

This message was authored by Ronj This message was authored by: Ronj

WoW just read the instructions - Lifes to short.

This message was authored by seandouglas2 This message was authored by: seandouglas2

@warrior432  then you miss out? its not that hard if you follow the instructions. just have a little patience

This message was authored by seandouglas2 This message was authored by: seandouglas2

@Ronj  not that hard if you put your excellent brain to use!

This message was authored by Clairty+VDC This message was authored by: Clairty+VDC

Hi all, Finally sorted after I spent hours having problems this weekend, my issue was that I couldn't find the Discovery+ app in my SkyQ box.

In the shop section I could find 'activate Discovery+'  but couldn't get boyond that. I managed to sign up etc but couldn't get it to play.

So, turns out my SkyQ box was on the old software version so no Doscovery+ app available!

I went into 'settings' chose 'software version' then 'update', took about an hour and then the SkyQ box needed put into standby then turned back on again.

Once updated, still no Discovery+ app so I highlighted 'Settings' then pressed 0 0 1 then ENTER, scroll down to 'apps' and choose 'refresh apps', after about 5 minutes, boom! Discovery+ is in the app menu ready to give me the 6 digit pairing code for my mobile!

Now working perfectly!

Not easy but got there eventually! Another crazy difficult setup for something that should be simple!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion