Discussion topic: F1 red button popup is out of control

This message was authored by TobiasG This message was authored by: TobiasG

F1 red button popup is out of control

Watching the F1 today and the red button popup is totally out of control. 

The "Race Control & Recap" message is popping up every minute or two, often overlaying graphics and also dimming the whole corner of the screen which is seriously distracting.

Usually it pops up infrequently but is totally ridiculous today and is affecting the viewing experience. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: F1 red button popup is out of control

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TobiasG 

You could express your view on this to the Viewer Relations Team by emailing them at viewerR@sky.uk

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by RetroDave This message was authored by: RetroDave

Doing it again during the race now! Pops back up every few minutes and won't go away unless you press backup! You'd think Sky would know what they're doing by now wouldn't you! 

This message was authored by Anonimouse007 This message was authored by: Anonimouse007

I'm glad I'm not the only one that was annoyed by this! I found a quick fix; pause the race for 5 seconds and then press play. It won't pop up again! 🙂

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@TobiasG @Anonimouse007 @RetroDave 

You might not think it's an ideal solution but you could do what I do, record the race and watch it slightly delayed. Even watching 30 seconds behind live will prevent the annoying pop ups.

Edit: Just read again @Anonimouse007  post and yes pausing a few seconds gives the same solution.

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by DanManF1 This message was authored by: DanManF1

Two weeks later and this is still happening. Only ever happens on the F1 channel. So annoying.

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@DanManF1 wrote:

Two weeks later and this is still happening. Only ever happens on the F1 channel. So annoying.

@DanManF1  have you tried following the advice given in the above posts ?

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by McPaddyK This message was authored by: McPaddyK

I've the same issue today and it was happening two weeks ago for the Miami race.  I had to use live pause to offset and watch a few seconds behind Live to stop it from appearing every two minutes.

I've reported it to Sky so will just have to wait and see if they sort the broadcast.

This message was authored by DisgruntledF1 This message was authored by: DisgruntledF1

Hi, the pop up is out of control.   It will not go away for more than a few minutes.

This message was authored by JADCampbell This message was authored by: JADCampbell

Same here. This notification is unnecessary and irritating. It's covering up things I need to see.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion