Discussion topic: HDR Box is not a HDR Box

This message was authored by jan1975000 This message was authored by: jan1975000

HDR Box is not a HDR Box

Hi last Saturday i decided to renew my contract and also pay and upgrade my SKY Q Ultra HD box to a SKY Q Ultra HD box with HDR.

I received the box today and upon checking I cannot view any HDR content,   Ive set the box up correctly and I have a New HDR TV.   

Upon checking the hardware version of my Sky Q box it is showing as a 32B064 which does not support HDR according to Skys website (see below link)

How to check which Sky box and software version you have | Sky Help | Sky.com  

Ive rang Sky's  technical team and they are clueless and insisting that i had received the correct box etc etc.    Ive spent 3+hrs  on the phone being passed through to various departments and has been an increasingly frustrating process .  

I am at my tether and am considering cancelling my contract all together as I’m within my cooling off period.....this level of incompetence is alarming as no one within sky knows what to do or is taking ownership of the problem...

For all you people who have upgraded to HDR boxes check your build number as the sky technical teams don’t have a clue and don’t have the knowledge about HDR.   Beware….

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion