Discussion topic: Mini box not connecting to my sky q box

This message was authored by Bobbysox11 This message was authored by: Bobbysox11

Mini box not connecting to my sky q box

I have tried numerous times to connect my mini box to the main box but it still won't connect and I am slowly losing patients

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Mini box not connecting to my sky q box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bobbysox11 wrote:
I have tried numerous times to connect my mini box to the main box but it still won't connect and I am slowly losing patients

Hi @Bobbysox11 

First try rebooting the main Q box and then when this is completely back up and running reboot the mini.
To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

Reboot the mini as above.
If the mini still does not connect try a Network Reset on the mini.
Network Reset found in mini Home - Settings - Setup - Network.
Highlight Status and then select Reset on the right hand side. Follow instructions to WPS with main Q box.
You will be asked to press the WPS button on the main Q box (not the mini as the Network reset will start the mini WPS automatically).

If you are on Sky Broadband and the Router is nearer to the mini than the main box then you can try pressing WPS on the router instead of the main Q box

Bobbysox11
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bobbysox11 This message was authored by: Bobbysox11

Hi @oldfella 

Thank you i will get that a go and come back and let you know how i get on.

Thanks

Maxine

Bobbysox11
Topic Author

@oldfella 

Thank you back up and running now so did all your step by step advice.

Thank you again 

This message was authored by Clare_A This message was authored by: Clare_A

I have the same issue but it is happening on a daily basis and although switching everything off does eventually fix it, I am getting very fed up having to reset everything several times a day and isn't exactly making me feel I am getting the service I pay for. Any ideas how to fix this permanently?

This message was authored by Lisac46 This message was authored by: Lisac46

I am having the same issue on a regular basis, paying £98 a month for sky I expect not to have these issues!!

This message was authored by Xxx2 This message was authored by: Xxx2

We are having same issue as well so will be ringing sky in AM and wanting answers 

This message was authored by MClem This message was authored by: MClem

Re: iMini box not connecting to my sky q box

Issue here between main sky box and sky Q and mine is hardwired by sky!

New main box was supposed to be on way this week (Tuesday spoke to some tech) 

They mini just won't connect says. Natalie signal.  Before this error it was stopping signal all the time. Remote engineer has me turn of the 5gz and 2.gz connection which has become turned on  - clearly done remotely as has been off for years! 

Will call again Monday, supposed to be getting a call back to see how it's gone. Worse is the answer and for close to £100 a month this is pants at best 

This message was authored by adam+robins This message was authored by: adam+robins

Just read your previous posts. I am also experience this for the last week on all our mini boxes. We have 4 in the house and I've had to pull the blue plug from thw back of all of them several times in the last week. Very annoying. Main q box is connected via ethernet to sky router then others are all WiFi except one in dining room which is connected to ethernet via a tp powerline. We also have some other TP powerlines around the house to connect smart TVs directly to reduce wireless WiFi usage. Do I connect miniboxes to these powerlines to help further or will that stuff up the mesh in house? Powerlines are good TP AX3000 so powerful. Any help appreciated but I'm wondering with the recent posts whether it's a widespread sky issue.

This message was authored by Karlc This message was authored by: Karlc

So just been up until 01:29 in the morning banging my head against the wall. Found the issue for me. Turns out that the Sky Q Mini and Sky Q where trying to use the same 192.168.1.13 IP and kept knocking each other off the network. As soon as I set the IP to manual with the following details it spring into life.

SkyQ Mini

IP Adress:192.168.1.14

Mask:255.255.255.0

Gateway:192.168.1.254

My Main SkyQ box was 192.168.1.13z

The above IP's are on my internal LAN. Why would two Sky products try and lease the same DHCP address connecting to a a Sky Router which hosts the DHCP service? Go figure.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion