Discussion topic: Mini box sound setting

This message was authored by tj68 This message was authored by: tj68

Mini box sound setting

Having a blonde moment, mini box sound is it set to normal even with a dolby atmos tv please

All Replies

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

Re: Mini box sound setting

@tj68 

Home > Settings > Setup > Audio visual > Digital audio output HDMI > Dolby Digital Plus.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@tj68 wrote:

Having a blonde moment, mini box sound is it set to normal even with a dolby atmos tv please

Hi @tj68 

Dolby Atmos on Sky Q is only on UHD content.

The Q Mini boxes are not UHD capable unfortunately 

@oldfella,

Doesn't stop you setting Atmos though if you have Atmos compatible hardware....

That's like saying I have a 1080p tv but I'm only going to set it to 576p

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@ThePope27 wrote:

@oldfella,

Doesn't stop you setting Atmos though if you have Atmos compatible hardware....

That's like saying I have a 1080p tv but I'm only going to set it to 576p

I think he is pointing out that Atmos  is not available via the mini due to SKY only have Atmos on UHD content.

You can set to DD+ but Atmos content is probably not availale even via the apps :

I have  just tried a couple of Atmos titles  on Disney + & Netflix on my mini & found the same limitation - both only had 5.1 (albeit in DD+). I can't test Amazon Prime which might possibly work  as I don't pay for the new Ad free option which also enables Atmos (I have a vague recollection that it might from when there was only one tier) & I don't have an Apple TV account

@nigea99 

Im guessing there's some DD+ (Atmos) content in HD, looking at sky's quote

"Dolby Atmos is currently available on live Ultra HD broadcasts of English Premier League matches, selected Ultra HD Sky Cinema downloads and at times, selected Box Sets from Sky One and Sky Atlantic (if you have the Sky Signature or Sky Ultimate TV packages)."

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@ThePope27 wrote:

@nigea99 

Im guessing there's some DD+ (Atmos) content in HD, looking at sky's quote

"Dolby Atmos is currently available on live Ultra HD broadcasts of English Premier League matches, selected Ultra HD Sky Cinema downloads and at times, selected Box Sets from Sky One and Sky Atlantic (if you have the Sky Signature or Sky Ultimate TV packages)."

That's all Ultra HD content @ThePope27 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion