Discussion topic: No picture and cannot put Sky Q box bback into standby until power cycle, then returns later.

This message was authored by Daves007 This message was authored by: Daves007

No picture and cannot put Sky Q box bback into standby until power cycle, then returns later.

Have had this happen a few times now. Normally I press home button and Sky Q box wakes up. BBut some times, it does not. Green LED on power button but no picture or sound. Cannot put back into standby either so only option is to power off at mains. Wait ten seconds  then power back on and eventually it completes its power up. Happened 5 or 6 times but seems to be happening more regularly. Gone thru troubleshooting but issue not totally matched to their flows. Troubleshooting took me here instead of customer support. Any ideas, bad update?

All Replies

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

Re: No picture and cannot put Sky Q box bback into standby until power cycle, then returns later.

Hi @Daves007,

Change the standby settings from Eco to Active if it hasn't been done already and see how you get on 🙂

To change your standby settings:

1. Press Home on your Sky Q remote and select Settings, then Setup.
  2. Select Preferences, followed by Standby mode and select the setting you want.
________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
Daves007
Topic Author
This message was authored by Daves007 This message was authored by: Daves007

Re: No picture and cannot put Sky Q box bback into standby until power cycle, then returns later.

Thanks @ThePope27 for the suggestion of disabbling ECO mode but I had already done this. So much for sustainabbility!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion