Discussion topic: Sky Q Box issues

This message was authored by Bradders1977 This message was authored by: Bradders1977

Sky Q Box issues

Ive been a Sky Q customer for over 5 years but just lately the qualty of the Sky Q boxes is questionable.

After having issues with several Sky Q 2Tb boxes ive had to have 6 replacement boxes in my time with Sky.

All of my Sky Q boxes over the last  Couple of years have had faults.. The boxes freeze, the harddrive just makes a loud humming noise and the screen freezes. 

I ordered a new box on the Monday 15th it came via DPD on the Tuesday, sent thr old one back with DPD, plugged in new box to new power supply and within an hour the new box started where the old one finished, the screen froze the HDD went loud and i had to do a hard reset by removing the power supply plug and starting again. 

This is my 4th box in 2 years 6th box in 5. For a TV package worth £107 a month the standard of box dosent reflet the cost of the TV package!

Standards have dropped!  

Best Answers
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19 Answer

Re: Sky Q Box issues

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Bradders1977 

Your post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the chat bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Bradders1977 

Your post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the chat bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
Bradders1977
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bradders1977 This message was authored by: Bradders1977

Hello, the new sky Q 2Tb box has done the same thing as previous box did, hours after plugging it in. We had a new one delivered on Tuesday of this week (which i left the viewing card in and had to request  a replacement) Our Sky bill is £160 a month and weve had so many issues with the boxes over the last few years that we are stsrting to consider leaving sky and going to Virgin due to the unpredictabilty and missing recordings yet all Sky do is put up our bill! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion