Discussion topic: Sky Q remote will not Sync.

This message was authored by Lowfellboy This message was authored by: Lowfellboy

Sky Q remote will not Sync.

Help or advice please. I have a second q box in the bedroom, have just bought a new TV and cannot sync the sky remote. I know this has been answered many times, but nothing I do will work. The Sky package is working fine, and I can navigate the channels, but the on/off and volume require the new TV remote to adjust these. I have tried the 7 & 9 buttons, then the 1&3, also tried manual with settings on sky, and get the message ``tv not supported``

The tv is a TLC HD.

Thanks in advance

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky Q remote will not Sync.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lowfellboy wrote:

Help or advice please. I have a second q box in the bedroom, have just bought a new TV and cannot sync the sky remote. I know this has been answered many times, but nothing I do will work. The Sky package is working fine, and I can navigate the channels, but the on/off and volume require the new TV remote to adjust these. I have tried the 7 & 9 buttons, then the 1&3, also tried manual with settings on sky, and get the message ``tv not supported``

The tv is a TLC HD.

Thanks in advance

Hi @Lowfellboy 

Have you tried the Category Other Brands in the remote setup?

Lowfellboy
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lowfellboy This message was authored by: Lowfellboy

Re: Sky Q remote will not Sync.

Thanks for the reply.

Tried ``other settings`` and the message that the TV is unsupported .

I`m thinking of replacing the TV with a more well known brand.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion