Discussion topic: Sky TV

This message was authored by Charlotte59 This message was authored by: Charlotte59

Sky TV

Hello, 
I have Sky TV and internet but I never watch anything live on Sky I always watch shows on Netflix, Disney + and Amazon. So my question if I don't  renew my TV Licence I'm assuming I would have to cancel my SKY subscription but I have  shows saved on SKY that I brought which I don't want to lose.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Charlotte59 

Well for starters you would need to return your loaned Sky Q boxes so you'd lose everything on them.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Charlotte59 wrote:

but I have  shows saved on SKY that I brought which I don't want to lose.

If you cancel Sky you would not have have access to any Sky Store purchased content via your Sky Q box as the box itself belongs to Sky so would have to be returned.

You will still be able to watch this content you purchased but only on devices that you can install the Sky Store app on like tablets and phones and also PCs and Macs via the Sky Store website.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Charlotte59 wrote:

Hello, 
I have Sky TV and internet but I never watch anything live on Sky I always watch shows on Netflix, Disney + and Amazon. So my question if I don't  renew my TV Licence I'm assuming I would have to cancel my SKY subscription but I have  shows saved on SKY that I brought which I don't want to lose.

hi @Charlotte59 

you do not have to cancel your SKY TV subscription  but you do have to be careful in what you watch (e.g. no 'live' TV channels & no BBC downloads). 

I don't know the full ins & outs but I think there are a handful of subscribers that do limit their SKy usage to downloads etc - you may find more info if you search all the groups for TV Licence as it has been covered in more depth

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion