Discussion topic: Sky box

This message was authored by Michelle29 This message was authored by: Michelle29

Sky box

I cannot remove my sky box to replace a new one 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sorry @Michelle29 but it's unclear what you're trying to do. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Michelle29
Topic Author
This message was authored by Michelle29 This message was authored by: Michelle29

Sky are sending me a new sky box and I need to return my old one, but I cannot disconnect it. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Michelle29 

Take the viewing card out to put in the new box. Perhaps take a photo of the rear of the box showing which cables go where so that you can see where they go on the replacement. 

Sky customer since 2001
Michelle29
Topic Author

Two cables I cannot remove. They are ones that are connected to the internet. 

@Michelle29 

If you can't physically remove them you'll need to get a family member, friend or neighbour to help. The DPD courier wont do it and I'm afraid they won't wait for it to be done once they arrive.

Sky customer since 2001
Michelle29
Topic Author

I have only got my brother that could help, but he is not well at the moment. Can I just return the new box and keep the old one. 

@Michelle29 

You haven't said why Sky are sending you a new box out? That is usually because your box is faulty. If you refuse delivery of the replacement you'll be stuck with a faulty one. 

Sky customer since 2001
Michelle29
Topic Author

My box is fine, but the sales person I spoke to said he would send me a new box. I originally rang to ask for help reducing my bill. The sales person said they can't do that because it's not his department, but for good will he will send me a new box. He did suggest an engineer would install it, but I said just post it because I am out at work all week. At that point I did not realise how difficult it would be to replace it. 

@Michelle29 

I fail to see why Sky would send you a new box unless it was to replace a faulty box or an upgrade. 

Sky customer since 2001
Michelle29
Topic Author

I do not know either. 

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

@Daniel0210,

1tb non 4k to 1tb 4k hdr maybe if recontracted... this is just speculation though until op can give more info. 

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
This message was authored by bemak187 This message was authored by: bemak187

@Michelle29You mention 2 cables, is it 2 the same?  You mention internet but there is only 1 connection that goes to the router.  I think it might be the 2 coax cables that go to the dish.  Those do not pull out they unscrew, just give that a check.  It is possible they have been screwed on too tight or have cross threaded but just in case you were trying to pull them out.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion