Discussion topic: Sky glass tv but using sky q

This message was authored by Mojo11 This message was authored by: Mojo11

Sky glass tv but using sky q

Hiya, I am having issues with my sky.

I had sky glass and it didn't work due to poor Internet speeds. I kept my sky glass tv and went back to sky q.

The sky glass settings keep popping up on my sky q. It appears like the 2 remotes are both trying to operate the telly. 

I have tried to disconnect my sky glass remote have pressed 7 and 9 and nothing happens. 

When I hit my home button it takes me back to sky glass home page. When I am changing stations  sky glass message appear asking me to subscribe to watch.. 

It's very confusing. I wonder if I could get help here instead of getting an engineer out.

Thank you 

Best Answers
This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27 Answer

Re: Sky glass tv but using sky q

If you're seeing the Sky Glass menu when you press the Home button on your Sky Q remote, follow these steps.

1. On your Sky Q remote, press and hold 7 and together for three seconds.
  2. Repeat the steps on your Sky Glass remote. Press and hold 7 and 9 together for three seconds.
  3. Turn your Sky Q box off at the mains.
  4. Press and hold 1 and 3 together for three seconds on your Sky Glass remote and follow the on-screen steps to pair your remote.
  5. Once you get the ‘Your remote is now connected’ message, check that the volume button controls the volume on your Sky Glass TV.
  6. Turn your Sky Q box back on at the mains and wait for it to finish its restart.
  7. Once it’s completed, turn your Sky Glass TV off at the mains.
  8. On your Sky Q remote, press and hold 1 and 3together. The red light at the top of the remote will flash twice.
  9. Turn your Sky Glass TV back on at the mains.
  10. Select the HDMI channel for your Sky Q box on your Glass TV.
  11. Complete the pairing of the Sky Q remote to your Sky Glass TV, by typing in ‘Sky’ as the make of TV and using option 4 of 4.

Still seeing the Sky Glass menu? You'll need to get in touch to buy a Sky Q remote with voice control.

If your Sky Glass TV is set up and your remote can access the voice search, you can re-connect your Sky Q box.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mojo11 wrote:

Hiya, I am having issues with my sky.

I had sky glass and it didn't work due to poor Internet speeds. I kept my sky glass tv and went back to sky q.

The sky glass settings keep popping up on my sky q. It appears like the 2 remotes are both trying to operate the telly. 

I have tried to disconnect my sky glass remote have pressed 7 and 9 and nothing happens. 

When I hit my home button it takes me back to sky glass home page. When I am changing stations  sky glass message appear asking me to subscribe to watch.. 

It's very confusing. I wonder if I could get help here instead of getting an engineer out.

Thank you 

Hi @Mojo11 

To disconnect a Glass remote from the Glass TV you need to press 7 & 9 for 3 seconds.

Mojo11
Topic Author

Thank you for your response. It doesn't seem to work. I've pressed it. No lights flash and it doesn't disconnect from the tv

@Mojo11 wrote:

Thank you for your response. It doesn't seem to work. I've pressed it. No lights flash and it doesn't disconnect from the tv

Haven't got a Glass remote here @Mojo11 .

But instructions to unpair for Glass TV is definitely 7 & 9 for 3 seconds.

There is no mention of the remote LED flashing.  The 3 seconds must be the key.  I suspect you are holding 7 & 9 for longer as you are waiting for it to flash

Mojo11
Topic Author

Thank you. Just tried it and it's still connected to TV. 

@Mojo11 wrote:

Thank you. Just tried it and it's still connected to TV. 

Hi @Mojo11 

What are you expecting it to do if you unpair the Glass remote?

Mojo11
Topic Author

I'm hoping it won't take me to the sky glass home screen and at the bottom on my screen it pops up stations that i need the sky glass remote to remove. The sky q remote doesn't get rid of the station request 

@Mojo11 wrote:

I'm hoping it won't take me to the sky glass home screen and at the bottom on my screen it pops up stations that i need the sky glass remote to remove. The sky q remote doesn't get rid of the station request 

Hi @Mojo11 

I suspect that if it's functions are similar to a Q remote the 7& 9 will just remove the Bluetooth function.  It will still work the Glass TV by Infrared.

If this is the case then you should find that Voice control no longer works on the Glass remote after you have pressed 7 & 9.

This message was authored by Jembr89 This message was authored by: Jembr89

I think unpairing the glass remote is holding 4 and 6 not 7 and 9 so give that a go. 

Mojo11
Topic Author

Thank you. Just tried and still doesn't work. I have booked an engineer so hopefully they will be able to fix it. 

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27 Answer

If you're seeing the Sky Glass menu when you press the Home button on your Sky Q remote, follow these steps.

1. On your Sky Q remote, press and hold 7 and together for three seconds.
  2. Repeat the steps on your Sky Glass remote. Press and hold 7 and 9 together for three seconds.
  3. Turn your Sky Q box off at the mains.
  4. Press and hold 1 and 3 together for three seconds on your Sky Glass remote and follow the on-screen steps to pair your remote.
  5. Once you get the ‘Your remote is now connected’ message, check that the volume button controls the volume on your Sky Glass TV.
  6. Turn your Sky Q box back on at the mains and wait for it to finish its restart.
  7. Once it’s completed, turn your Sky Glass TV off at the mains.
  8. On your Sky Q remote, press and hold 1 and 3together. The red light at the top of the remote will flash twice.
  9. Turn your Sky Glass TV back on at the mains.
  10. Select the HDMI channel for your Sky Q box on your Glass TV.
  11. Complete the pairing of the Sky Q remote to your Sky Glass TV, by typing in ‘Sky’ as the make of TV and using option 4 of 4.

Still seeing the Sky Glass menu? You'll need to get in touch to buy a Sky Q remote with voice control.

If your Sky Glass TV is set up and your remote can access the voice search, you can re-connect your Sky Q box.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
Mojo11
Topic Author

Thank you this appears to have worked. Much appreciated 

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

Glad it helped @Mojo11,

If you set it to the answer to help other people that would be great

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion